ADVERTISEMENT

Did The Spring Game....

Do You Like Our Chances Of A Succesful Season More Today, After The Spring Game...Than Yesterday ?

• Yes, I liked the potential shown

• No, I wasn't impressed

• Nothing changed regarding my opinion. It's just a silly scrimmage

• The idiot that made this poll doesn't even realize that the word, 'successful' is a relative term

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted yes, for 3 reasons, my question about the vertical passing game was answered, and for the first time in several seasons I see some QUALITY DEPTH on both sides of the ball, the kicking game should be solid both punting and place kicking with Lambert and O'Toole...... my biggest concern going forward and for the duration of the season will be an EXPERIENCED back-up for Howard at the QB spot in the event he goes down. [smoke]

I can't believe we are moving a 4* QB to slot receiver and returning punts with only freshman backups. I think if you want to get him more touches you cannot do better then at QB he touch's it every play

We had two players on offense that truly stood out. Donte Thomas-Williams and Jacky Marcellus. Our QB situation, as it stands today, leaves very little optimism for anything more than a mid-tier bowl at 6-6. Expecting to lean on a defense that finished ranked 70 or lower in almost every measurable statistical way is a nightmare in the making. The fact that Crest with all of his God given ability can't beat out a short, inaccurate Skyler Howard makes me wonder what is going on between the kids ears? Is he not capable of doing the things he needs to do to start or not willing to put in the work? Its obvious it not an issue with athletic talent.

I didn't get to see a whole lot of the game, but what I was a defense that could put pressure up front. # 90 and 92 seemed like they were ready. DBs should be the best that we have fielded. LBs should be among the best. We have depth that will not appear to be a void when backups are inserted.

Offense needs improvement. Over the summer, QBs are going to have to get some work in with their receivers. They are close - just need some polish as they become familiar. QBs work with DH and that is his strength. O-line will have some depth that allows 1s to catch a breather.

The record will depend on how good the opposition is. We were competitive last year and bring back more than does the opposition. Double digit Ws providing we stay normally healthy.

Double digit Ws providing we stay normally healthy.
Really bold statement considering the results so far during our Big 12 seasons. I'll take the under on that prediction, sir.

Last edited:
Defense looked great. Kind of makes you wonder if that's why Howard looked very average. If that is the Howard we get all year then my opinion of this team has dropped. If he can complete 60% of his passes and keep his TO's to 1 a game then we will be fine.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT