***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 30, 2014***

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 30, 2014***

West Virginia has offered Midland College (Tx.) forward Torren Jones.

As I've been hinting, Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Xavier Pegues will be in town, but he tells me teammate Larry Jefferson will not. Pegues committed to Iowa State but kept the option open to visit Morgantown.

Mentor (Oh.) 2016 center Micah Potter obviously has been to West Virginia quite a bit with his brother on the baseball team but he had been waiting for his offer and was very excited when he got word. Potter told me that the coaches want him to play the stretch four position and the Mountaineers were the first school to really show him any interest after he attended the elite camp his freshman season. Still, while West Virginia is his leader, he doesn't plan to make any quick decisions and would like to visit Morgantown again for a game this winter. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 29, 2014***

Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. cornerback Rasul Douglas told me tonight that he has moved his visit from Kansas State to this weekend.

Huber Heights (Oh.) Wayne safety Tyree Kinnel will be visiting West Virginia this weekend he confirmed to me tonight.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 28, 2014***

West Virginia has offered Mentor (Oh.) 2016 big man Micah Potter. Potter has ties to WVU with his brother on the baseball team and he's visited multiple times.

You can expect Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic safety John Petrishen to be in attendance this weekend on an unofficial visit.

West Virginia has offered Monroeville (Pa.) Gateway 2017 offensive lineman Robert Hainsey

Just spoke with Miramar (Fla.) offensive lineman Leeward Brown and he told me that he still doesn't have an offer from West Virginia after his decommitment from Miami but he is considering all options. I think this is definitely worth monitoring moving forward due to his ties to the program.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 27, 2014***

Brenham (Tx.) Blinn C.C. wide receiver Dede Westbrook set up his official visit to West Virginia for November 21 tonight.

Right now West Virginia sits at 21 commitments in the class of 2015, but I fully expect that you're going to see several more in this class and it wouldn't surprise me to see upwards to 26-27 depending on attrition.

Remember you can always look at the WVSports.com 2015 Football Recruiting Hotboard to keep updated on top targets as well.

With that being said, let's take a look at the spots on the field.

Quarterback: Things remain the same here with West Virginia holding commitments from Skillman (N.J.) Montgomery quarterback David Sills. Chugunov is proving what the coaches saw in camp this summer and is putting together a very impressive senior season. I don't expect there to be any more players brought in at this spot.

Running Back: Right now Miramar (Fla.) running back Nyheim Hines can play multiple spots and West Virginia is actually recruiting him more in the Tavon Austin role to play in the backfield and in the slot. Hines plans to visit Morgantown but this one will be tough because he grew up an N.C. State fan and has already visited there multiple times. I think West Virginia has enough depth in the backfield but these two are too good to pass up.

Wide Receiver: West Virginia has commitments in the fold from Miramar (Fla.) wide receivers Tavares Martin also remains high on West Virginia and is worth keeping an eye on moving forward.

Offensive Line: Hubbard (Oh.) offensive lineman article today. Outside of those options there are several other familiar names to watch as well.

Defensive Line: West Virginia has commitments from Oviedo (Fla.) nose guard Shareef Miller not making his recent top seven, but there are several others out there on the board if the Mountaineers can get a visit.

Linebacker/SPUR: With Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker Kevin Williams these positions appears to be a closed book.

Safeties/Cornerbacks: A lot of the heavy lifting at these two positions is done with commitments at safety from Miramar (Fla.) athlete Sheldrick Redwine, but the Mountaineers appear to be looking at other prospects ahead of those for now.

Riverside C.C. (Ca.) wide receiver Issac Whitney picked up an offer from USC. That could make this recruitment very difficult, but he does plan to visit West Virginia.

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic safety John Petrishen told me that he might be in town. I'll update that one as the week continues.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 26, 2014***

Just spoke with Huber Heights (Oh.) Wayne Rivals250 safety Tyree Kinnel and he told me that he could be making a visit to West Virginia this weekend for the TCU game. Kinnel is currently committed to Michigan but is teammates with Mountaineers defensive line commitment Robert Landers. Keep this here for now please.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 22, 2014***

Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings picked up an offer from Nebraska tonight. He plans to take an official visit to West Virginia.

Riverside C.C. (Ca.) wide receiver Isaac Whitney told me that he picked up offer No. 9 from Nebraska and he will definitely use one of his official visits to check out West Virginia.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 21, 2014***

Just got off the phone with Jeff Gierke, the head coach of Lyman High School where latest West Virginia commitment Adam Shuler plays and he had some great things to say about his senior defensive end. Gierke told me that because of a series of injuries Shuler wasn't able to put together any film for schools but blew up during the spring and a number of high profile programs became interested in him such as Florida State, Florida, South Carolina and Oklahoma. But one thing kept coming up, they wanted to see some film which he hadn't put any together because he only played in around two games a season ago. West Virginia did their homework here and Gierke credits the staff for finding what he calls a "freak," and offering him a scholarship before many of these other schools jumped into the picture. He currently stands around 6-foot-5, 260-pounds and has extremely long arms but is very strong. So strong that he bench presses 400 pounds and has been nearly unblockable one-on-one this season in practice and in games. Gierke believes that West Virginia is a very good fit for Shuler and he still has room to drop some baby fat in order to add weight and become even more of a freak on the football field. In college, Gierke believes that Shuler should be able to compete for time his freshman season and could play the defensive end position at around 270-280 pounds and be a much more effective player. Since his commitment to West Virginia a number of schools have jumped into the mix attempting to get in the picture, but Shuler understands that the Mountaineers got on him early and he really enjoyed his visit. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 20, 2014***

Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings told me that he plans to take all five of his official visits. He already has made one to Wisconsin and the other four he plans to visit are West Virginia, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Notre Dame. He is still working on dates for those trips.

Brenham (Tx.) Blinn C.C. Dede Westbrook and he told me that he has set his fourth official visit to Oklahoma Nov. 7. That leaves one spot open and he told me that will be to West Virginia, but he is still working on the date. He already has visited Utah and also will visit Baylor and Texas Tech.

Ellsworth C.C. (Ia.) defensive tackle Leonard Wright and he told me that while he hasn't spoken to the West Virginia coaches yet, Damon Codgell recently followed him on twitter and he is working to get in touch with the coaches. Wright will have two years to play two once he graduates in December and currently has no scholarship offers but several programs are showing him interest. Wright can play multiple positions up font but for now I believe he is behind several other players at the position.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 19, 2014***

West Virginia has received a commitment from Longwood (Fla.) Lyman defensive end Adam Shuler. Officially visited West Virginia under the radar for the Kansas game and has really started to pick up offer. I just got off the phone with him and will have a lot more in an article. Currently 6-foot-5, 255-pounds.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 18, 2014***

WVU 2015 commit Belmomt (Oh.) Union Local offensive lineman Colton McKivitz - "I'm still trying to take it all in! What a game. The atmosphere in Morgantown is awesome. I can't ever get enough of it. I've never seen anything like it, its been the best game I've been by far. WVU has the best fans in the country."

WVU 2015 commit Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jah'shaun Seider - "Great way to keep up the winning streak." Seider will be taking his official visit to Morgantown for the TCU game.

WVU 2015 offer Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings - "Well its a big win for the program. Kevin White along with the other receivers put on a show." Jennings wasn't able to make it to Morgantown but was very disappointed he wasn't able to make it. "I watched the game on TV. I was suppose to go so I'm bummed that I missed it." Jennings just about has his official visits lined up and should know more soon.

WVU 2016 commit Freeport (Pa.) Area HS linebacker Logan Thimons - "It was an amazing performance all around. They definitely came to dominate today. The defense just completely shut them down all day. I'm extremely impressed by Nick Kwiatkoski especially. Best atmosphere by far!"

WVU 2016 recruit South Charleston (W. Va.) quarterback Kentre Grier - "The game was crazy! I loved how exciting and hyped everyone was. I think Clint Trickett played to the best of his ability with the weather and who he was playing. The environment was crazy. It was definitely the best game I've ever been to. Kevin White is a monster. That last TD catch he made will definitely be on the ESPN top 10.I think I'd fit in very well with their offensive style."

WVU 2015 commit Skillman (NJ) Montgomery quarterback Chris Chugunov - "I was excited. I found out about it right after my game today. I'm so pumped for the guys." Chugs had a big day with a 20-29 365 yard, 4 TD performance in a 55-26 victory.

WVU 2015 commit Oviedo (Fla.) defensive tackle Alec Shriner - "It was a great game with an awesome atmosphere! I can't wait to be part of it next year." Shriner wasn't just in Morgantown to check out the game. "I had an unbelievable time, its always a great place to be. We hung out with some of the commits while watching the game. I got a chance to talk to the coaches a little bit and some of the players. Then afterwards we went and ate with my former HS teammate and soon to be teammate, again, Tyree Owens." Shriner hasn't scheduled his OV yet but hopes his HS season keeps him unable to until December.

WVU 2016 prospect Lyndhurst (Oh.) Brush athlete Jordan Overton - "I enjoyed my visit. The atmosphere of the game was great. I was happy they got the big win! While there Overton got an opportunity to talk to the Mountaineer staff before the game. "I talked to coach Crook and coach Dawson. They were happy I was able to visit. They wanted me to enjoy the visit and talked about the player I could be if I came there." Overton will visit Michigan State this coming Saturday and Northwestern sometime in November "I didn't get a chance to see much of WVU except a small part of the football facility and of course the game. Both were impressive. West Virginia has a great program that I could fit into very well."

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 15, 2014***

Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings will be visiting for the Baylor game.

West Virginia has offered Lexington (N.C.) North Davidson 2016 running back Kennedy McKoy

Brenham (Tx.) Blinn C.C. wide receiver Dede Westbrook told me that he was very excited about his offer from West Virginia because Tavon Austin is his idol and he bases his entire game around the former Mountaineer and even started following him when he was at Dunbar high school. Has started to pick up some major steam with offers from Baylor, Texas Tech, Arizona State and Utah but told me that the Mountaineers are right at the top with the Red Raiders even though they just offered today. He has paid close attention to the success that West Virginia has had with junior college wide receivers especially Kevin White and Mario Alford. Westbrook has already visited Utah and has set visits to both Texas Tech and Baylor, and he will definitely visit Morgantown as he is working on setting up a date. West Virginia is recruiting Westbrook at inside, outside and in the return game and he is very comfortable with that. He is originally from Cameron, Texas and will have three years to play two once he graduates. I'll have a lot more in an article.

Brenham (Tx.) Blinn C.C. wide receiver Dede Westbrook has received an offer from West Virginia.

Just spoke with Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson defensive lineman Tim Settle just told me that he doesn't plan to officially visit West Virginia this weekend. He had originally planned to visit but he told me today that he will be visiting for the TCU game weekend Oct. 31.

Lyndhurst (Oh.) Brush 2016 athlete Jordan Overton will visit West Virginia this weekend.

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic safety John Petrishen told me that he will NOT be able to make it to West Virginia this weekend but is working on setting up another date because Morgantown is a place he wants to see before he makes any decisions.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 13, 2014***

First I spoke with Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive lineman Xavier Pegues and he confirmed to me that he is still currently weighing whether or not to take a visit to West Virginia after he visited Iowa State this past weekend. He will graduate in December and has three years to play two. So far he has visited both Iowa State and California and if West Virginia is able to get a visit, I like the Mountaineers chances.

Riverside C.C. (Ca.) wide receiver Isaac Whitney told me that West Virginia is a school that will likely receive an official visit. He had been weighing it back and forth but he told me tonight that he would like to visit there. His recruitment has really taken off as of late with over a dozen offers now.

Los Altos Hills (Ca.) Foothill College defensive lineman Howard Houston doesn't have an offer from West Virginia but is very interested in the program and has spoken with running backs coach JaJuan Seider about the school. He has offers from Georgia State and Colorado State and is hearing from a long-list of other schools but at this point is wide open in his recruitment. Houston needs to take some classes to make sure he will graduate in December but will have three years to play two.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 12, 2014***

Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Larry Jefferson has decommitted from WVU and committed to Iowa State.

Metuchen (N.J.) St. Joseph's 2016 offensive lineman Nick Krimin told me that he picked up his offer from West Virginia Thursday and spoke with offensive line coach Ron Crook about the scholarship. It is his fourth offer overall and while he doesn't have any immediate plans to visit Morgantown he plans to do that sometime in the upcoming months. West Virginia is recruiting Krimin at offensive tackle and he told me that the coaches like his athleticism and his feet on film. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 9, 2014***

Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson pass rusher Reuben Jones took his first official visit to Nebraska in September and has planned a trip to Michigan State in November but is looking to take an official visit to West Virginia possibly as soon as next weekend for the Baylor game. He is around 95-percent sure that will happen right now but even if that trip doesn't materialize, West Virginia is a school that will definitely receive an official visit and is solidly in his top three right now. Jones shut down the recruiting process in recent weeks and hasn't been doing many interviews but he told me that he reached out to defensive line coach Damon Codgell to start back up conversations and let the coaching staff know he remains interested in the program. He admitted to me that he had a great time on his trip to Nebraska but wants to be able to compare it something else to see if he was just impressed with the visit or the official experience. West Virginia has stood out to Jones since he was offered and the Mountaineers are recruiting him as a player that can move around and play on and off the line as a pass rusher as well as dropping into coverage. Jones is a big Bruce Irvin fan as they are much of the same body type and he believes there are plenty of opportunities to get after the quarterback in the Big 12.

Pittsburgh (Pa.) safety John Petrishen told me that he had no communication with West Virginia prior to their offer earlier this week but he is very interested in the program and was excited to add the offer. Right now Pittsburgh and Virginia are solidly out front but he is planning to try to unofficially visit to the Baylor game to get an idea what Morgantown is like because he has never been on campus. Petrishen told me that defensive coordinator Tony Gibson said that he loves his film and believes he can play several different spots in the secondary. Right now he can't really speak a lot about West Virginia but he will know a lot more after his visit next weekend. Right now no timeline for a decision.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 8, 2014***

Viera (Fla.) 2016 athlete Tre Nixon has picked up an offer from West Virginia.

Bergenfield (N.J.) 2016 tight end Jovani Haskins has picked up an offer from West Virginia.

West Virginia has offered Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell 2016 offensive lineman Jay Jay McCargo

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 6, 2014***

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic safety John Petrishen has been offered by West Virginia. His top two were Virginia and Pittsburgh before the offer.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 5, 2014***

Just got off the phone with Riverside C.C. (Ca.) wide receiver Isaac Whitney and he told me that he is very interested in West Virginia and received the offer on Friday after he spoke with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway. The big-bodied wide receiver was a full qualifier out of high school but wasn't highly recruited because he had played cornerback for his entire career until a four-inch growth spurt caused him to move to wide receiver his senior year. He originally attended Central Oklahoma but decided to transfer to Riverside this past off-season because he wanted to try his hand at going Division one. So far that plan has worked as he has pulled in offers from Texas Tech, California, Boise State and Washington State along with the Mountaineers. So far he has visited California and is looking at taking a few more trips before he is set to graduate in December and enroll at the school he selects. West Virginia is one of those that could be in line to receive a visit and he told me that the coaches have talked to him about coming in to fill the role of Kevin White. Will have a lot more in an article.

Huber Heights (Oh.) Wayne defensive tackle Robert Landers told me that West Virginia has been involved for about three weeks and it started because offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson kept hearing about him at other schools when he was visiting. So he went and watched a game where Landers played very well against top talent and then reviewed his film. From there, Landers got an invite to come down yesterday and after talking with the coaches he decided that West Virginia was where he wanted to spend his college career. Landers will play any of the spots up front and he had some great things to say about how hard he works to compensate for being "undersized," as a defensive tackle. He also had offers from Kent State, Ball State, Eastern Kentucky and Purdue was close to offering but he decided he saw all he needed to see yesterday. Told me that he wasn't expecting an offer but when he got it he knew he was going to accept it immediately. Landers will take his official visit in December and will take no other visits.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 4, 2014***

Huber Heights (Oh.) Wayne defensive tackle Robert Landers has committed to WVU!

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 3, 2014***

Monaca (Pa.) Central Valley Rivals250 athlete Jordan Whitehead has committed to Pittsburgh.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 2, 2014***

I got a chance to talk to Willoughby (Oh.) South High School 2016 offensive lineman Nik Urban. The Mountaineers became the fifth team to offer the 6-foot-4, 285-pound interior lineman. Joining Akron, Bowling Green, Duke and Toledo who extended offers earlier. Urban tells me he was very excited about the program and the offer came out of no where. He hadn't been in contact with West Virginia until today when his coach told him to give WVU offensive line coach Ron Crook a call. Crook let Urban know that the entire staff loved his film and they decided to offer him. Urban said coach Crook was very impressive and he hopes to learn more about West Virginia in the near future. So far he has a few trips lined up to see Purdue and Michigan but says with the WVU offer they plan on making their way to Morgantown.

Willoughby (Oh.) South High School 2016 offensive lineman Nik Urban picked up an offer from West Virginia today.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: October 1, 2014***

After tonight's commitment obviously several of you have asked me about where West Virginia currently stands with Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive lineman Xavier Pegues and right now I believe that the Mountaineers are in a very good position for him. He plans on taking visits and will start with Iowa State next weekend after visiting California in the summer, but West Virginia will get a visit and not only is running back JaJuan Seider recruiting him but his roommate and close friend Larry Jefferson.

Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Larry Jefferson has committed to WVU!

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 30, 2014***

Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings announced tonight that he has received an offer from Notre Dame. West Virginia has been one of the leaders for Jennings throughout his recruitment and he has visited multiple times.

Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin had told me that he was looking into possibly officially visiting West Virginia this weekend for the Kansas game, but he told me that will not happen and he now plans to visit Morgantown later in the season when he can spend more time sitting down and talking with the coaches.

Miramar (Fla.) wide receiver Kahlil Lewis announced on twitter that he plans to visit Cincinnati this weekend. Lewis has previously said that he planned to take his visits so this isn't any real reason for concern.

Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. cornerback Rasul Douglas had been going back and forth between two dates in November for an official visit but he confirmed to me today that he will now be visiting Morgantown for the Kansas State game Nov. 20.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 29, 2014***

Philadelphia (Pa.) George Washington defensive end Shareef Miller told me that he only has one official visit set up right now to Arizona State Jan. 18 and is currently working on setting one up with Miami. As for his three remaining visits, West Virginia stands a pretty good chance to get one as he told me that he has talked with cornerbacks coach Brian Mitchell a lot about how things are going and that the coaches want him in this class. Pittsburgh is another program that stands out to Miller but he isn't looking to rush the process and plans to possibly wait until signing day before he makes his choice.

Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods head coach Andre Parker told me that David Long has really impressed him as a player of the years, starting with being a standout in little league and middle school to being a three-year starter for his team. Long has always been the best player on the field in his life, but it's his work ethic and desire to improve that really stands out. Parker said he is just a football player, someone that has the athleticism to make big plays but the football IQ to remain disciplined and in control. Said that the biggest compliment he can give him away from the field is the fact he allows him to babysit his kids and in fact one of his youngest sons wrote a paper in school about how Long is his hero, not his parents, a movie star or singer. Will have a lot more in a full article.

Senatobia (Miss.) Northwest Mississippi C.C. wide receiver Jacob McCrary and he told me that while he hasn't had any contact with the West Virginia coaches because he's a first-year non-qualifier he still plans on enrolling at West Virginia next December when he graduates. McCrary told me that he still is firm in his decision to come back to West Virginia and it's where he truly wants to be. He arrived about a week before the start of the season and is now starting at one of the wide receiver spots and is leading his conference in touchdown catches with three. McCrary told me he selected the school because of the relationship the head coach has with offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson. He has been keeping close tabs on the season as well and will have three years to play two when he graduates.

Just spoke with Manassas (Va.) Stonewall Jackson Rivals250 defensive lineman Tim Settle and he informed me that he will be taking his official visit to West Virginia during the weekend of the Baylor Game Oct. 17. This will be the fourth time that Settle has visited Morgantown this year (Junior Day, Summer Camp and Oklahoma) and he is coming off an official visit to Virginia Tech this past weekend.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 28, 2014***

According to Chris Peak at PantherLair.com, Monaca (Pa.) Central Valley Rivals250 athlete Jordan Whitehead will make his decision at 2:30 p.m. at his school Friday. He will be choosing between West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Penn State and Ohio State. I will be on hand for the announcement.

Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker David Long has committed to WVU!

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 24, 2014***

West Virginia has offered Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons 2016 guard Maverick Rowan

As I've been saying for this entire recruitment, West Virginia was going to be in the picture until the end and with right around a week to go the Mountaineers are clearly a factor for Monaca (Pa.) Central Valley Rivals250 athlete Jordan Whitehead. West Virginia made Whitehead a priority early and have done everything they can to put themselves in position to land a commitment but ultimately the decision will come down to what Whitehead believes is the best fit. He is comfortable on campus and West Virginia and has several close friends including Rushel Shell and Dravon Henry and as I said over the weekend I was told his official visit went as well as it could possibly go. Still, he has one more visit to Penn State this weekend and while I believe West Virginia stands in a good spot at the moment no one knows for sure because he just won't give much away about his recruitment or where he stands as you could tell by the interview. I'll be working the phones all next week as well to see if I can get anything more but every team in this race legitimately believes that they have a shot here and that's when you know you've played your hand right. Whitehead will announce next Friday between West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Ohio State and Penn State and there is no question how big of a pickup it would be for the program.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 23, 2014***

Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Larry Jefferson and the two are actually roommates. Pegues is originally from Missisippi but failed to qualify academically and now will have three years to play two once he graduates in December. He already has visited California and plans to take a couple other visits before he makes his decision. Pegues told me that the plan is to visit West Virginia with Jefferson is November and they are looking at the schedule now to see the date that will work best. I'll have a lot more on the junior college prospect in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 22, 2014***

Gahanna (Oh.) Lincoln 2016 forward Nick Ward told me that he had a great visit to West Virginia. Was really impressed with the indoor practice facility and said that he liked the tradition aspect of everything on campus. Ward doesn't have an offer from West Virginia yet but the coaching staff said that they really liked him and he could be getting one in the very near future. Ward has offers from programs such as Michigan State, Wisconsin and around 20 other schools and told me that programs are very interested in him due to his versatility and ability to play stretch four by hitting jump shots. Ward told me that he is interested in the Mountaineers but isn't naming any favorites in his recruitment. Plans to visit Purdue and some other schools coming up and said that he isn't ruling out a return trip to West Virginia in the near future.

Miramar (Fla.) Rivals250 cornerback Tyrek Cole has committed to WVU!

Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston 2016 point guard Brandon Knapper and he told me that he actually made the decision to commit to West Virginia when the Mountaineers stopped by to see him during open gym last week but the coaches wanted to meet with him first. In that meeting they discussed the option of Knapper going to prep school and enrolling in 2017, which he has no problem doing allowing him to become stronger and a better overall basketball player. The staff is still keep the door open there to possibly enroll in 2016 but Knapper said he was thrilled with the decision and called it a privilege to play for West Virginia being an in-state kid. I'll have a lot more in an article.

Lebanon (Oh.) 2016 LB Jango Glackin told me that his visit to West Virginia definitely surpassed his expectations and it was a lot better than he thought it would be coming into the visit. He was blown away by the fan support and the atmosphere in the crowd and told me that he will definitely be coming back for a game. After his visit, Glackin told me that West Virginia is definitely a player in his recruitment now and he will take several more trips in the upcoming weeks.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 20, 2014***

Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston 2016 point guard Brandon Knapper commits to WVU!

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 19, 2014***

According to Adam Zagoria number of impressive hoops unofficial visitors are set to join 2016 prospects Mentor (Oh.) center Micah Potter and Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston point guard Brandon Knapper on campus tomorrow.

Huntington (W.Va.) Huntington Prep 2016 guard Curtis Jones
Saxtons River (Vt.) Vermont Academy center Sedee Keita
Gahanna (Oh.) Lincoln 2016 forward Nick Ward
Huntington (W.Va.) Huntington Prep 2015 forward Ted Kapita
Huntington (W.Va.) Huntington Prep 2016 forward Miles Bridges

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic 2016 safety Chris Chugunov.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 18, 2014***

Palmetto Bay (Fla.) Westminster Christian Rivals100 athlete Tim Irvin will officially visit West Virginia for the TCU game.

Bethesda (Md.) Landon School 2016 defensive end Keith Simms told me that West Virginia is a school that really interests him early in the process but he isn't thinking too much about any top lists at this stage. Simms received an offer from the Mountaineers yesterday after speaking with Lonnie Galloway and he told me that although it was the first time he had spoken with him on the phone, he got a great first impression from the wide receivers coach. Simms was at Maryland this past weekend for the match up with the Terrapins and told me he believes he could fit into the Mountaineers defense as either an outside linebacker or potentially a defensive end as he continues to develop. Plans to visit Penn State this weekend and said he is working on getting to Morgantown for a visit as soon as possible.

West Virginia offered Asheboro (N.C.) 2016 wide receiver Emmanuel Jones Wednesday and he told me that he was surprised that the Mountaineers jumped in the mix but was very excited because he is familiar with several of the players in the NFL and the passing offense that they have. Jones said he is going to try to visit West Virginia this weekend for the Oklahoma game if he is able to find a ride and he was impressed with Coach Lonnie Galloway because he also is from North Carolina and informed him about the program. Jones is a big-bodied wide receiver that stands about 6-foot-3, 185-pounds, and told me right now his recruitment is wide open with just offers from the Mountaineers and N.C. State. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 17, 2014***

Bethesda (Md.) Landon School 2016 defensive end Keith Simms has been offered by West Virginia.

Asheboro (N.C.) 2016 wide receiver Emmanuel Jones and DE Nick Cole have received offers from West Virginia according to Jacey Zembal of our N.C. State site.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 16, 2014***

Manassas (Va.) Stonewall defensive lineman Tim Settle has confirmed he will be unofficially visiting West Virginia this weekend.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 14, 2014***

Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. cornerback Rasul Douglas tells me that he has set his official visit to West Virginia for the Kansas State game Nov. 20.

Mocksville (N.C.) Davie 2016 kicker/punter John Young told me that West Virginia became the first school to offer him last week after he spoke with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway. Young has a lot of ties to West Virginia as both of his parents are from the state and he has been going to football games in Morgantown for a long time. He actually was in attendance for the kicking camp this summer and impressed the coaches and returned again for the Towson game two weekends ago. West Virginia is recruiting him as a punter, kicker or a kickoff guy and he currently ranks as No. 2 in the nation with punts and No. 6 in kicking. Young likes West Virginia a lot but isn't ready to end his recruitment as he plans to check out several schools and make an informed decision. He will be back in Morgantown for the Oklahoma game this weekend and is looking to have a decision before the start of his senior season.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 11, 2014***

Palmetto Bay (Fla.) Westminster Christian running back Jordan Cronkrite and while he is currently committed to Miami it is safe to say that the four-star is definitely keeping his options open and it appears that communications between Cronkrite and the Hurricanes have slowed down in recent weeks. He wants to play running back in college and currently lists West Virginia, Florida, Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Louisville at the top of his list with Miami and he plans to take visits to all five of those schools since he has been to Miami so many times. Cronkrite told me that West Virginia has made him a priority and he will visit Morgantown on an official visit for the TCU game. He is currently set for an unofficial visit to Florida later this month and is working on an official to Notre Dame. Cronkrite said that the West Virginia coaches have talked to him about playing a role similiar to Charles Sims and he has developed a great relationship with JaJuan Seider and Damon Codgell. Definitely think this is one to watch as Cronkrite has already visited Morgantown before in the winter and isn't afraid to leave home. I'll have more in an article.

West Virginia has offered Davie (N.C.) 2016 kicker/punter John Young.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 10, 2014***

Cleveland (Oh.) Shaker Heights 2015 forward and top target Esa Ahmad has committed to WVU!

Cleveland (OH.) Shaker Heights forward Esa Ahmad's father Ibby and he told me that the in-home visit went very well and right now they have no other visits set. They do expect to take all five.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 8, 2014***

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills 2016 athlete Jeremiah Jones has committed to West Virginia

Palmetto Bay (Fla.) Westminster Christian athlete Jordan Cronkrite will be visiting Morgantown Nov. 1 for the TCU game.

Information on Palmetto Bay (Fla.) Westminster Christian athlete Tim Irvin's official visit to West Virginia https://westvirginia.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1678995

From all accounts I've heard that Cleveland (Oh.) Shaker Heights forward Esa Ahmad's visit to West Virginia went very well this weekend and he had a great time. The phrase "rolled out the red carpet," has been used several times to describe how it went and I spoke with Esa's father Ibby and he had this to say, "It was tremendous. Beautiful facility and we got good knowledge of the program from a hall of fame coach." It goes without saying that Ahmad is a top priority for West Virginia and I'll continue to attempt to get him on the phone as well but by all indications the Mountaineers did a lot to impress him.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 5, 2014***

Dublin (Oh.) Coffman 2016 quarterback Gunnar Hoak will be taking a visit to Morgantown this weekend.

Pompano Beach (Fla.) Blanche Ely cornerback and West Virginia commitment Kevin Williams is officially visiting this weekend.

I've been in constant contact with Resiterstown (Md) Franklin 2016 Athlete Steven Smothers and he has told me all week he is hoping to make his way to Morgantown this weekend. Smothers has tried a few times to make his way over to WVU but one thing or another has come up. Fortunatley for the Mountaineers this isn't just an issue with West Virginia. Smothers let me know just a little bit ago that he was still planning on going if he could make a way. He also mentioned that the Adams brothers could come along but at this point no one is 100% sure.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 4, 2014***

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills 2016 athlete Jeremiah Jones will visit West Virginia this weekend for the Towson game.

Clairton (Pa.) 2016 wide receiver Lamont Wade will be visiting West Virginia this weekend for the Towson game.

Spoke with Phoenix College (Az.) wide receiver Londell Lee last night and he told me that he's been hearing from West Virginia in recent weeks and the Mountaineers have his attention early in the process. Lee doesn't have an offer yet, but said that he has spoken with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and plans to research the program. Right now, Kansas, Illinois, Iowa State, Louisville and several others have offered a scholarship to the Chicago native and he is looking to set up official visits to Kansas and Louisville. As for his other three trips, Lee is waiting to see what other programs get involved before he makes any decisions. Last year he recorded around 800 yards receiving and 7 touchdowns and actually plans to redshirt this year in order to allow him to have 3 years to play 3 when he graduates in the spring. I'll have a lot more in a full story but wanted to give you all an update.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 3, 2014***

Garner (N.C.) running back Nyheim Hines lists West Virginia in his top seven along with Florida, Ohio State, N.C. State, Wake Forest, Georgia and Duke.

Alright as I said I've been spending the better part of the last hour or so tracking this down. Here is what I'm hearing on Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin. At this point he is NOT a commitment to the West Virginia football program although he is a heavy lean. But once he takes an official visit this fall that could change things.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 2, 2014***

Cleveland (Oh.) Shaker Heights forward Esa Ahmad's father has let me know that he will now be visiting West Virginia this weekend instead of Sept. 20. He visited Maryland this past weekend.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: September 1, 2014***

Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin told me that he speaks with the West Virginia coaches almost daily and he definitely plans to visit Morgantown on an official visit this fall. He also plans to visit Louisville and is looking at trips to both Alabama and Ohio State. Martin was really impressed with the way West Virginia battled Alabama and he is excited to find out more about the program and where he would fit into the scheme. He's being recruited as both an inside or outside wide receiver and is hoping to graduate early to enroll where he selects in January.

Woodbury Forest School (Va.) 2016 offensive tackle Clark Yarbrough picked up an offer from West Virginia today.

West Virginia has made contact with Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) athlete Devin Studstill today. The Mountaineers offered earlier in the process.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 31, 2014***

Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Antonio Howard -"A very exciting game. Tough loss last night but great learning experience. West Virginia is going to bounce back and going to be ready for our next battle."

Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin -"I thought it was great. They fought hard against a tough team but I love what I saw with West Virginia. I haven't picked a date yet but I am for sure going to take an official visit to West Virginia."

Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. cornerback Rasul Douglas - "I thought it was a great game that WVU should have won. WVU made a few mistakes that cost them. Playing against a power house team like Bama you can't make a lot of mistakes because that's what they feed off of. That field goal/dropped touchdown also cost them. They didn't capitalize either when the cornerback got the interception. I thought WVU did a good job of play calling because they had Alabama off balance the whole game. WVU has a good team they should bounce back and have a great season. I haven't set up my visit yet but I'm calling coach soon because I can't wait any longer."

Philadelphia (Pa.) Franklin defensive end Shareef Miller - "I watched the game and like what I saw. I'm still working on my official visits but West Virginia has a real good chance."

Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jah'Shaun Seider - "They played well and they should have won. Wide outs have got to catch the ball."

Skillman (N.J.) Montgomery quarterback Chris Chugunov - "I was hoping they would pull off the win. Almost did it. I thought the team looked good and played Alabama hard. It was a good close game. I am looking forward to watching them all season. A lot of positives out of that game."

Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy offensive lineman Jamie Herr - "I watched it and I thought they played very well. My teammate Wendell had a great game."

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow[/URL] -"It was amazing watching them. They really impressed me. They looked very good yesterday even thought they lost. I'm going to visit later."

Garner (N.C.) running back Nyheim Hines -"I didn't watch it because I was out of town but I will see it today."

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 28, 2014***

Cleveland (Oh.) Shaker Heights forward Esa Ahmad will make his official visit to West Virginia Sept. 20. He will be visiting Maryland this coming weekend and is looking into visits to a couple more schools before he makes a decision. His top five are Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Oregon.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 25, 2014***

Just got off the phone with Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow and he told me that West Virginia still remains far out front in his recruitment and that lead is even stronger than it was when he previously told me he was set on committing when he visited July 26 if things went well. Cisrow likes the coaches, the fit in the defense and many of the Florida commitments on the roster and he told me that he could be making a decision within the next couple weeks. He plans to definitely officially visit West Virginia and could take a couple more but at this point if things go well on his trip to Morgantown he could very likely end his recruitment. Doesn't have the date for that trip yet but wants to visit as soon as possible.

Monaca (Pa.) Central Valley athlete Jordan Whitehead will be taking an official visit to Pittsburgh this weekend and is working on setting up trips to both West Virginia and Ohio State but doesn't have a date for either trip yet according to PantherLair.com's Chris Peak. He is still deciding if he wants to visit Penn State and Virginia Tech. Whitehead is expected to make his decision October 3.

WVU is the first to offer 2018 ATH Leddie Brown from Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy.

Hampton (Va.) Phoebus Rivals250 2016 cornerback Robbie Robinson told me that he had a great visit to West Virginia this weekend and enjoyed seeing all the facilities and the renovations. Robinson said that he was impressed with the law building and the way it overlooks the stadium. Had an opportunity to meet with all of the coaches and talk about where he would fit into the program as well and they all made it clear that they love him as a player and want him in the program. Robinson told me that he plans to come back for the Oklahoma or Baylor game and I'll have more in a full article.

*********DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 19, 2014***

Lebanon (Oh.) 2016 linebacker Jango Glackin told me that West Virginia is the 9th school to offer him a scholarship and the Mountaineers are a program that really interests him. He plans to visit for a game this fall and right now he is taking things slow with his recruitment. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 18, 2014***

Darrin Hall, The Rivals250 RB from Ohio tells me tonight he is looking to announce his commitment tomorrow. We did not talk specific teams in the running tonight, but when we spoke a week ago the two teams he mentioned prominently to me were West Virginia and Pitt. As I hear more, I will pass it along.

Graham (N.C.) 2016 quarterback Jamie Newman announced an offer from West Virginia.

Leipsic (Oh.) 2016 offensive lineman Gavin Cupp told me that West Virginia became his third offer and the first one from a power five program. He hadn't talked to the coaches beforehand but he told me that he did after the offer and he said they was very impressed with what they saw on film. He plans to visit West Virginia sometime soon and right now, he claims no favorites. He has great footwork and agility but also has the ability to "knock someone's head off" in the run game. Will have a lot more in an article.

West Virginia has offered Lebanon (Oh.) 2016 linebacker Jango Glackin

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 14, 2014***

Hampton (Va.) Pheobus Rivals250 2016 CB Robbie Robinson plans to visit West Virginia next weekend.

Miami commitment Jordan Cronkrite plans to officially visit West Virginia https://westvirginia.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1669989

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 13, 2014***

Aiken (SC) South Aiken defensive end and Rivals four star Rasool Clemons let me know this morning that he has received a written offer from West Virginia. I've spoken to Clemons on a few occasions during the course of his recruitment and he has talked highly of West Virginia but really didn't want to comment on them unless an offer came. Now that WVU has offered, Clemons tells me he is excited about the offer and that it means a lot to him. Clemons plans on taking an official visit to Morgantown some time this fall but obviously hasn't scheduled anything yet.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 12, 2014***

Miami (Fla.) Northwestern safety Khalid McGee has committed to South Florida.

Been trying to catch up with Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston 2016 point guard Brandon Knapper and was able to do so tonight. he told me that West Virginia did offer him a scholarship and right now that the Mountaineers are his leader. He attended the elite camp and said that the coaching staff was impressed with him and how he was able to score and distribute the ball. Right now he has offers from West Virginia, Marshall and East Tennessee State but is hearing from several more including Missouri, North Carolina State and Virginia. He will travel to Virginia this weekend for their elite camp and told me that he is not in any hurry to make a decision with his recruitment instead he wants to visit several schools before he makes a decision. Did tell me that he has a great relationship with the West Virginia coaches and some of the players and plans to visit there this fall as well.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 10, 2014***

Scranton (Pa.) Lackawanna C.C. offensive guard DeLonte' Murray is currently committed to Kansas but he told me that the West Virginia coaches have reached out to him just to gauge his interest and he definitely sees a lot of like about the Mountaineers program. Murray has three scholarship offers right now but committed to Kansas over the summer when he took an official visit out there. Murray said he definitely plans to take several official visits this fall just to make sure about his decision and if West Virginia continues to talk with him he could see himself taking one there. Murray is originally from Silver Springs, Maryland and told me that he has talked to several of his teammates that have went to West Virginia and he was very impressed with what they had to say. Murray said that he is being recruited at right guard and would have two years to play two once he graduates in December. Nothing ground breaking here yet, but a name to watch.

Largo (Fla.) Indian Rocks Christian School athlete Damian King told me that his top two right now is West Virginia and Missouri but he has yet to visit either of those programs. The third school on his list is Pittsburgh where he visited earlier this summer but he said that he isn't sure about the Panthers and will need to do some more research on them. King said that he has close relationships with both of the staffs at Missouri and West Virginia and each of them are recruiting him to play wide receiver and do special teams work. King will take official visits to each school but isn't sure of where he will take the final three.

Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy offensive tackle Jamie Herr told me that right now West Virginia has a "big lead," in his recruitment because of his familiarity with the program and the fact his quarterback David Sills is committed to the Mountaineers. As many of you remember, Herr was committed to West Virginia last year but elected to reclassify to this cycle and he told me that the coaches have told him that a scholarship is still on the table. Herr said he hasn't focused too much on his recruitment recently and has let his head coach handle everything but he did say that he has a close relationship with many of the West Virginia coaches and believes that it could be a good fit. He plans to enroll early at the school he selects and is being recruited primarily at offensive tackle. Will have a lot more in an article.

Spoke with Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin athlete commitment Jacquez Adams and he told me that he has been taking it easy this summer and preparing for a big senior season. He is very happy with his decision to commit to West Virginia and said that he and his brother are 100-percent still. Adams really enjoyed being on campus for the Showtime Event and each of the commitments followed each other on twitter and got to know one another better. He said that he hopes to be given a shot at quarterback when he gets on campus but the coaches have been talking to him about playing safety as well.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 8, 2014***

Miami (Fla.) Norland cornerback Antonio Howard has committed to WVU!

Martinsburg (W.Va.) athlete Trey Boyd moved back to Martinsburg for his senior season about three weeks ago and told me that right now he is completely wide open with his recruitment. He plans to visit some schools this fall and while he currently doesn't have any offers his head coach Dave Walker has told him that defensive coordinator Tony Gibson has expressed interest in the talented athlete. Boyd visited West Virginia for the Gold Blue game in April and said that he had a great time. Will have a lot more in an article.

2015 St. Joseph's (IL) PG Glynn Watson is down to Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee & Creighton.

Miami (Fla.) Norland cornerback Antonio Howard told me that he plans to commit tonight at 8 pm. He will choose between Georgia, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and South Florida. I'll keep you updated but that's what he has told me.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 4, 2014***

Poca (W.Va.) 2017 guard Elijah Cuffee told me that he had been to West Virginia before for games but this was his first time this past weekend as an actual recruit for the Elite camp. The 6-foot-3, 180-pound rising sophomore already has an offer from Marshall but told me that he also plans to visit Virginia for their elite camp later this month. Cuffee said that he really enjoyed West Virginia and he spoke with the coaches and they told him that he is skilled in a lot of areas but of course needs to continue to get stronger. He averaged a double-double with his AAU team this summer and early he has no favorites but likes West Virginia and believes coach Bob Huggins would be a good coach to play for. I'll have a lot more in an article.

Fairfax (Va.) Paul VI 2016 forward Corey Manigault told me that he really enjoyed his time on campus this weekend for the Elite camp. Has five offers right now but not one from the Mountaineers yet. Huggins told him he will watch him in September and he has a great relationship with the staff right now. Will have a lot more.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 3, 2014***
[/B]
Here is some of the players that I've been able to gather that attended the West Virginia hoops elite camp this weekend. Supposed to talk to Manigault later this evening and I'll have some more updates.

Wheeling (W.Va.) Wheeling Central Catholic 2016 guard Chase Harler
Fairfax (Va.) Paul VI 2016 forward Corey Manigault
Charleston (W.Va.) South Charleston 2016 guard Brandon Knapper
Mentor (Oh.) 2016 center Micah Potter
Poca (W.Va.) 2017 forward Elijah Cuffee
Poca (W.Va.) 2017 guard Luke Frampton
Turner Ashby (Va.) 2017 point guard James Sullivan
Fairfax (Va.) Paul VI 2017 guard Aaron Thompson
Maryland (Va.) Bishop McNamara 2017 guard Jamir Moultrie
Norfolk (Va.) Maury 2017 guard Matt Coleman
Notre Dame (W.Va.) 2017 point guard Jarrod West
Charlotte (N.C.) 2017 forward Wesley Morgan
Charleston (W.Va.) George Washington 2018 point guard Justin Phillips
City Prep (Oh.) 2018 guard Jerome Hunter

Freeport (Pa.) Freeport Area Senior 2016 linebacker Logan Thimons told me that the support and encouragement he has received since he committed yesterday has only strengthened and further validated his choice. "WVU fans are the best!"

West Virginia has received a commitment from Wheeling (W.Va.) Wheeling Central 2016 guard Chase Harler, who received an offer today.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 2, 2014***

[/B]Freeport (Pa.) Freeport Area Senior 2016 linebacker Logan Thimons has committed to WVU!

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: August 1, 2014***
[/B]
The recruitment of four-star Ohio RB Darrin Hall has been very quiet the last few months, but he told me this week he is looking at visiting WVU before his senior season starts. More on Hall in the article below.

Link: Darrin Hall article

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 31, 2014***

Former WVU commit Sheldrick Redwine as a top 15, but says that 5 within that top 15 standout the most. WVU is in there. story below
Link: https://westvirginia.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1664429

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 30, 2014***[/B]

Wanted to use this opportunity to go over some of the top prospects left on West Virginia's board and the chances the Mountaineers have to secure a commitment over the course of the next couple months.

At quarterback, I think West Virginia is more than comfortable with Skillman (N.J.) Montgomery quarterback Lamar Jackson remains on the board and is still considering West Virginia but it remains to be seen if that will be a possibility.

Running back West Virginia has Miramar (Fla.) running back Nyheim Hines is another very interesting prospect that has previously visited Morgantown. The dynamic athlete could play multiple positions and admits that he likes West Virginia a lot but there is a lot of competition including several of the in-state programs.

Miami (Fla.) Norland wide receiver Patrick Anderson also has an offer from West Virginia but he appears to be taking his recruitment much slower right now with no decisions set until after the season.

After the commitment of Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jamie Herr, who committed but did not sign with West Virginia, remains on the board and his coach recently told WVSports.com that he likely sees him back in Morgantown as an early enrollee this January. Obviously nothing official yet but definitely worth watching.

On the defensive line, West Virginia has a commitment from Oviedo (Fla.) nose guard Larry Jefferson told me that he is constantly talking to the coaches and he will definitely be visiting West Virginia this fall. Jefferson is interested in a couple other schools including Kansas State, Miami, Kentucky and several more but West Virginia has done a good job here and is right in the mix. I also wouldn't rule out the potential for another JUCO prospect here. He will enroll in January with three years to play two.

At the inside linebacker and SPUR spots West Virginia has a commitment from Martinsburg (W.Va.) athlete David Long. The Rivals.com three-star has a top seven right now of West Virginia, Missouri, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois and Oklahoma and all of those have offered except the Sooners. Right now he isn't rushing a decision but West Virginia has done a great job positioning themselves right now and he will be back on campus later this fall. West Virginia also could look for an additional inside LB.

At safety West Virginia has a marquee commitment from Miramar (Fla.) safety Antonyo Sotolongo has a top four that will receive official visits and West Virginia is on the outside right now looking to secure that final visit spot.

West Virginia has a pair of cornerbacks committed in Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin athlete Rasul Douglas, who could be taking an unofficial visit to West Virginia this week but definitely will be taking an official visit this fall. The Mountaineers are recruiting the rangy cornerback hard and he has a close relationship with lead recruiter Brian Mitchell. Right now he has visits set to Tennessee and Kansas as well while other schools are sniffing around. He is a January enrollee and will have two years to play two remaining.

Last but not least, Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin athlete Jacquez Adams has the chance to line up at several spots ranging from quarterback to safety, so for now I pin him in the athlete category with the chance to fill many of these spots.

These players have indicated that they will take an official visit this fall:

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South offensive tackle Rob Dowdy
Miami (Fla.) Norland cornerback Antonio Howard
Miami (Fla.) Killian cornerback Sheldrick Redwine
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow
Miami (Fla.) Northwestern safety Khalid McGee
Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson defensive end Reuben Jones
Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin
Pompano Beach (Fla.) Blanche Ely wide receiver Therrell Gosier
Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Larry Jefferson
Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep safety Antonyo Sotolongo
Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker David Long
Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell defensive end Channing Hames
Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings
Coatesville (Pa.) Coatesville Senior athlete Amir Ealey
Philadelphia (Pa.) George Washington defensive end Shareef Miller

Now as with any recruiting topic, this list is easily able to change and other players can be added.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 29, 2014***
[/B]
Morgantown (W.Va.) 2017 linebacker commitment Maverick Wolfley told me that is he now up to 6-foot-3, 225-pounds and is just preparing to enter his sophomore year. He had an excellent time at the Showtime Camp and said that he is not looking at any other schools outside of West Virginia. Will have a lot more.

Martinsburg (W.Va.) head coach Dave Walker, home of most recent commitment Deamonte Lindsay, and he had a ton of good things to say about him. Lindsay had a very impressive freshman season but had a somewhat down sophomore year and it really motivated him to change his approach and go to work in the weight room. He has become a model teammate and Walker was very excited for him that he got the offer and committed to West Virginia. Lindsay is very quiet off the field and is all about his business, as Walker says he is very coachable and ranks right up there with the best players he has coached at Martinsburg. Said he is around 6-foot-2, 6-foot-3, 190-pounds and can easily add 15-pounds when he gets to college in the weight room. Walker said that while him picking West Virginia wasn't necessarily a surprise once he got the offer, the timing was. Speaking to how quiet Lindsay is off the field, Walker had spoken with both Tony Gibson and Deamonte earlier in the day when he first got the offer and he said he was excited, but when we broke the news Sunday evening reporters started to call his phone to confirm and he had yet to speak to him yet. But the two had a great talk and Walker believes that Lindsay has a lot of potential moving forward.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 28, 2014***
[/B]
Coconut Creek (Fla.) Coconut Creek 2016 wide receiver Binjimen Victor has released his top 15 and the list goes Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Cincinnati, Florida State, Michigan, Louisville, Miami, Ohio State, Tennessee, Central Florida, West Virginia, UCLA, Wisconsin and LSU in no order.

Fredericksburg (Va.) Stafford Senior 2016 offensive tackle Josh Ball called me earlier today and he told me that West Virginia is clearly his number one school at this point but he isn't anywhere close to making a decision yet. The Mountaineers have done a good job getting in early and the fact that he grew up following the program and has family in the area has only helped the cause. Ball was one of the prospects at the showtime camp this weekend and he told me that he really enjoyed the visit and has built a close bond with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway. One of the highlights of the visit was the fact he got to get to know the coaches better and work with Ron Crook. Ball plans to make a lot of visits this fall including one to West Virginia and we'll have a lot more in a full article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 27, 2014***[/B]

Martinsburg (W.Va.) safety/linebacker Deamonte Lindsay has committed to WVU!

Philadelphia (Pa.) Franklin defensive end Shareef Miller told me that his visit to West Virginia went very well and he was really excited to sit down and talk with the coaching staff particularly his lead recruiter Brian Mitchell. Miller said he was very impressed with the facilities and the way the coaches rolled out the red carpet for the Showtime event. He said that he definitely plans on returning to West Virginia for another visit later this fall. Miller also visited Pittsburgh and the Panthers might have the edge between the two trips because Miller talked about how the visit opened his eyes and he really thought highly of his time with the players and the coaches. He spent time with freshman Pat Amara and the coaching staff told him that he was a top priority for them and they will only be taking one defensive end. Will have a lot more soon.

2017 DB Lamont Wade recaps his experience at Ohio State's Friday Night Lights in the article below. The Clairton (Pa.) star also said that Penn State has really been on him lately and he hopes to visit WVU around July 30 and Penn State around August 4.
Link: Article

Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker David Long reiterated that he had a great visit to West Virginia and the coaches really broke things down to him about how he would be used in the defensive scheme. While many have him pegged as a linebacker, West Virginia envisions him at the SPUR position and he really likes how the spot is used in the defense and how the coaches emphasized the importance of the position in the defense. Long told me that West Virginia is solidly in his top group and he released a top seven that includes the Mountaineers, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati and Oklahoma. All of the schools have offered except the Sooners. Speaking of the Sooners he told me he will definitely be back on campus for a visit to the Oklahoma game but hasn't decided yet if it will be an official or unofficial. Told me he really likes the coaches and the way he feels when he's on campus. Will have a full story tomorrow.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 26, 2014***[/B]

Just spoke with Charleston (W.Va.) 2016 quarterback Tryhee Pratt and he told me that he had a great time visiting campus and got to really see all the things that he didn't get to see in his previous visits and talk with the West Virginia coaches about how he fits into the program and how he would be used in the offense. He told me he was very impressed and while West Virginia is his only offer right now he did not commit tonight and wants to try to take some more time to look at recruiting and the process in whole.

Also spoke with Stafford (Va.) Colonial Forge wide receiver Gary Jennings and he told me that this visit to West Virginia was better than his first trip in July and the Mountaineers only helped their cause for his services. Still, he isn't ready to make a decision yet and will be back for an official visit. He told me that he really enjoyed meeting all the other commitments and spoke with the coaching staff a lot about how he would be used in the scheme and how much they want him in the program. Will have a lot more soon.

Just talked to Fredricksburg (Va.) Stafford Senior 2016 OT Josh Ball. The highly sought after lineman really enjoyed his time in Morgantown and told me the Mountaineer coaches put the full court press on him. While unsuccessful Ball said he really would like to go to WVU but still wants to visit other schools before making a decision. He really enjoyed his time in Morgantown and you could tell he had a great time and he got a great opportunity to spend some time with coach Crook and hang out with some of the other prospects, including a ton of commits. He leaves Morgantown with WVU clearly his number one school going into his junior season.

Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jah'Shaun Seider has committed to WVU!

I just got done talking to Freeport (Pa.) 2016 linebacker Logan Thimons about his offer. Today wasn't his first time to Morgantown, he had been down for the three day camp earlier this summer and the coaches invited him back to today's camp on Thursday. Thimons and his family are extremely excited about the offer as it is his first one. While there is an amazing rush to the offer, Thimons doesn't want to rush the process. You can tell the Mountaineers are very high on his list but Logan is a very smart young man (his only other offer is a conditional one from Lehigh) and he wants to make sure he makes an educated decision on where he goes to college. He isn't a big fan of college football as he is so busy with his sports teams and academics so he isn't swayed by the 'blue blood' programs and he really was introduced to CFB by watching Tavon Austin and of course his summer visits to Morgantown. He says coach Gibson and coach Bradley have been in constant contact and he feels really comfortable with them because neither of them are willing to lie to him. They are very straight forward with the 6-foot-1, 210-pound linebacker and they make him feel like he is all ready part of the program.

Caught up with Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker David Long and he told me that the camp stop today went very well and the coaches showed him a lot of love while he was on campus. They talked to him about where he would play and the position he would be used at the SPUR and he really enjoyed it. Still Long didn't commit and told me that he wasn't able to stay for the Showtime events tonight because he drove with other people.

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South wide receiver Abu Daramy told me that the visit went very well today and he thought he performed well at camp. Daramy said that the facilities on campus were amazing and he spent a lot of time talking with offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson following the visit. No scholarship offer, but he said he did have some productive conversations in that regard.

Just got done speaking with Wheeling (W. Va.) Wheeling Park running back Savion Johnson. He said he had a really good camp and the coaches were constantly pulling him aside and telling him how impressed they were with him. Johnson said he did very well in the individual drills and the coaches told him they'd be in touch very soon.

I also spoke with Olny (Md.) Good Counsel 2016 running back Jonathan Lee. He said everything went well. He wasn't sure of his 40 but said he was told it was one of the fastest ones. He also had a broad jump of 9-11 and best today's LB MVP during one on ones. Lee said Coach Galloway was very impressed and wants to see some game tape of early next year. He feels the Mountaineers are very interested.

Freeport (Pa.) 2016 linebacker Logan Thimons, who was one of the MVP's at the camp, has picked up an offer from West Virginia. He spent a lot of time talking with Tom Bradley at the end of the camp and I'll work on getting in touch with him.

Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jah'Shaun Seider got his offer today.

Martinsburg (W.Va.) 2015 safety/linebacker prospect Deamonte Lindsay picked up an offer from West Virginia today.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 25, 2014***
[/B]
Just finished speaking with Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South offensive tackle Rob Dowdy and he did tell me that his top four of Miami, N.C. State, Michigan State and West Virginia are in order and his decision to narrow it down to those schools was a very difficult one because he had visited so many schools and talked with a lot of different coaches. Miami is the favorite for now because he feels like it is a place where he could see himself grow and have a great chance for a good career both on and off the field. N.C. State is second because he felt extremely comfortable on campus and said he could see himself spending the rest of his life there. Michigan State comes in third because they have a great football program with great coaches with a great family atmosphere. And finally West Virginia because the coaches are very involved with the players on and off the field and he felt like it was a great family atmosphere there as well. Dowdy said that he plans to officially visit all four of these schools in the fall and right now has no timeline for when a decision could come.

Reisterstown (Md.) Fanklin 2016 athlete Antonio Howard and he told me that he will not be making it this weekend but will be taking an official visit. West Virginia is one of the favorites for Howard due to his strong relationship with the coaches and his father is former wide receiver Antonio Brown. He did tell me that he plans on taking all of his official visits.

Georgia Tech dismissed a couple players this week with one of them being redshirt freshman Darius Commissiong.The defensive lineman is originally from Forestville (Md.) Bishop McNamara High School and West Virginia recruited him hard in the class of 2013. Obviously this just happened this week, but it will be very interesting to see if West Virginia surveys the situation and elects to pursue him.

Another player that was dismissed from Georgia Tech was sophomore defensive back Myles Autry was recruited by West Virginia last season and he has requested and been granted his release from Georgia Tech. Still this one figures to be difficult.

Just spoke to Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow and he let me know that he has to cancel his visit to West Virginia due to family and team issues. West Virginia is still the clear front runner in his recruitment and if he isn't able to make it he will definitely take an official visit this fall. I'll check in with him again before the end of the week to make sure but as you all know he had told me a couple weeks ago that a good visit this weekend would likely lead to a West Virginia commitment.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 24, 2014***

West Virginia has offered Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines 2015 forward Nate Grimes.

Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2016 running back Jonathan Lee told me that this weekend is a big weekend for him because he believes that West Virginia could be close to offering him a scholarship. Lee was one of the standouts at Kentucky's camp last weekend and has picked up offers from Akron and Buffalo so far with a long list of schools showing strong interest. Lee visited Morgantown during the winter with his teammates and was really impressed with the campus and the coaching staff. Lonnie Galloway is the lead recruiter here and Lee is very excited to get back on campus and showcase what he can do in front of the coaching staff. We'll be joined by a lot of his teammates this weekend. I'll have a lot more in an article tomorrow.

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South offensive tackle Rob Dowdy released his top five as Miami, Michigan State, North Carolina State, West Virginia and the fifth one is open.

Cincinnati (Oh.) Winton Woods linebacker David Long has released a top seven of West Virginia, Missouri, Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Illinois and Oklahoma in no order. All of those schools have offered except Oklahoma. Long will visit Morgantown this weekend for the Showtime camp.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 23, 2014***

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South offensive tackle Rob Dowdy told me that he should have his list of top five schools by Friday. Nothing set in stone yet but that's his plan. West Virginia is a school that Dowdy has said will make that cut in the past but you can't know for sure until it's official.

Spoke with Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau cornerback https://westvirginia.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1660916#sthash.XXvQS2qb.dpbs

Glades Central (Fla.) offensive lineman Jah'Shaun Seider just told me that he will be coming to Morgantown this weekend and will be competing in the afternoon camp as well as staying for the evening events.

Largo (Fla.) Indian Rocks athlete Damian King was set to visit this weekend but he just told me that he now won't be able to visit because his coach has changed his mind on coming up. He plans to visit during the season.

Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2016 running back Jonathan Lee will be making the trip to camp at West Virginia this weekend. Lee was one of the top performers at Kentucky's camp last weekend and his stock appears to really be trending up.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 22, 2014***

WVSports.com has confirmed through multiple avenues that both former Pittsburgh and Kentucky players and twin brothers Demitrious Davis are in the process of finalizing enrolling at West Virginia as walk-ons. Neither have been admitted yet but the process is happening.

"Yes, the rumors are true. Very high on West Virginia just waiting on some paperwork and things to get finished," Demitrious Davis confirmed to us.

Chris will likely begin his career at either defensive back or wide receiver and Demitrious will play running back or wide receiver, according to what they have told us.

Both were listed as sophomores on the Kentucky athletic site and talking to the brothers they will me that they will be redshirt sophomores this fall.

UPDATE:

From what I've heard they will NOT be eligible this fall but from what they've told me they are trying to get a waiver to be eligible immediately.

Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep safety Antonyo Sotolongo told me that right now he has a top four of Wisconsin, Arkansas, Duke
and Tulane but West Virginia, Oregon State and Bowling Green are right behind them. Sotolongo has one official visit set to Wisconsin in October and will visit the other three schools in his top four after the season but his final visit is up for grabs and right now it appears that West Virginia could be in line to receive that one. Sotolongo has been talking with running backs coach JaJuan Seider and he has told him a lot about coming up from South Florida to West Virginia and the
Mountaineers are a school that really interests him. I'll have a lot more in a story.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 21, 2014***

Highland Springs (Va.) wide receiver Felton Davis has committed to Michigan State. He had been set to visit West Virginia this weekend but now will not be making that trip.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 20, 2014***

Miami (Fla.) Killian defensive back Sheldrick Redwine just told me that he doesn't believe he will now be coming up this weekend for the final camp of the summer and instead will be taking an official visit this fall.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 19, 2014***

Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C. cornerback Rasul Douglas just let me know that he is working on trying to get to West Virginia for an official visit this upcoming week and plans to do that if everything falls into place. One thing holding him back right now is he wants to see a game-day environment so he isn't sure if he will come this week or wait until the season. He will officially visit Kansas Oct. 9 and has set up an official visit to Tennessee in November.

Spoke with Hampton (Va.) Phoebus cornerback Robbie Robinson and he told me that West Virginia is one of the 13 schools that have offered him so far but at this point he has no favorites in his recruitment.Robinson said that he has visited several schools already including Clemson, Virginia, N.C. State and several more but plans to make it out to a large number of other programs at some point during the summer with one of those likely being West Virginia. Robinson said that he likes lead recruiter Lonnie Galloway and the wide receivers coach has told him that he could potentially see him as a wide receiver, a cornerback and a return specialist. Robinson said he has followed the program over the years and is hearing from a long list of other schools at this point but plans to take all of the time he can with his recruitment.

Spoke with his head coach Zoran Milich and he told me that Skillman (N.J.) Montgomery quarterback Chris Chugunov will be graduating early and will enroll at West Virginia in January to participate in winter conditioning and spring practice.

Despite #WVU

That's a tweet from a South Florida recruiting writer.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 18, 2014***

Spoke with Steve Clarkson, who has tutored Ben Roethlisberger, Nick Foles, Jake Locker, Jameis Winston and many more quarterbacks about his protege West Virginia commitment David Sills and he had a lot of great things to say. Told me that Sills has always been ahead of his time even being able to break down cutups at the age of 10, when he started working with Clarkson. The QB mentor said that Sills is a special talent on the field with his combination of skillset and leadership ability and his football IQ is very impressive. He compared Sills to a taller Johnny Manziel with his ability to move and keep plays alive on top of his arm strength and accuracy. I'll have this story ready to go Monday but just wanted to give you all a little heads up.

Just got off the phone with Greenacres (Fla.) Dwyer wide receiver Tavares Martin and he told me that West Virginia is one of the schools he has been talking with the most in his recruitment and he has the closest relationship out of all the coaches with running backs coach JaJuan Seider who he has known since he was in 9th grade. He also has developed a close bond with wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway and told me that he definitely plans to officially visit Morgantown and is excited to see what the place is all about. The Mountaineers are targeting him for either inside or outside wide receiver and right now he said that in addition to West Virginia he is talking with Kentucky and Auburn. I'll have a lot more in an article.

Spoke with Fulton (Miss.) Itawamba C.C. defensive end Larry Jefferson told me that West Virginia continues to recruit him hard and he has developed a very strong relationship with running backs coach JaJuan Seider and defensive coordinator Tony Gibson. The Mountaineers have been at the top for a long time and they continue to solidly be there. Jefferson has 20 total offers with Miami, Kansas State, Iowa State and several other schools and he is hearing from several more. He plans to officially visit West Virginia this fall and he will enroll in January with three years to play two. Jefferson said that he plans to play defensive end at the next level but also could play rush linebacker and his favorite conference is the Big 12.

Coral Gables (Fla.) wide receiver Shaquery Wilson has committed to Georgia.

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola linebacker Riley Nicholson has committed to North Carolina State. West Virginia had fallen behind here and N.C. State had surged ahead.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 17, 2014***

Spoke with Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy coach Dwayne Thomas for a story on David Sills that I'll have later today and I recommend everyone check it out but he also gave me an update on offensive tackle Jamie Herr. I asked him if West Virginia is still recruiting Herr hard and Thomas told me that they are and he told me he is pretty sure that Herr will be at West Virginia as well come January.

Spoke with Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy coach Dwayne Thomas and he gave me some tidbits on David Sills. One he is an early enrollee and will be arriving in Morgantown in January. His coach told me that he actually plans on installing a lot of the West Virginia offense to help him prepare. Additionally, one of the things he told me that I think you all would think is interesting is the fact that he has been a captain since 9th grade and actually makes the majority of calls on offense because he is so familiar with what they need to do. He told me that he considers Sills basically as an offensive coach on the field.

One other interesting point is the fact that Thomas wanted to point out that while people consider Sills a statuesque pro-style quarterback he actually can use his feet very well and is a 4.4 40 guy as well as having one of the best high jumps and broad jumps on the team.

I'll have a lot more here soon.

Philadelphia (Pa.) George Washington defensive end Shareef Miller has set his visit to West Virginia for July 26 for the showtime camp.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 16, 2014***

Since this topic has been brought up today I figured I'd dive in a little deeper and discuss some of the possibilities with the numbers on the offensive side of the ball.

As I had been saying since very early in the process, I expected West Virginia to likely take two quarterbacks if they were able to find the right pair and the coaching staff has done that with the commitments of Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy quarterback Lamar Jackson is still on the table and I'd never close the door on a prospect of his caliber but it's unlikely you'll see any more quarterbacks added to this class unless something would happen.

As for running back, West Virginia currently has a pair committed in Miramar (Fla.) running back Reggie Gallaspy.

At wide receiver, West Virginia has a pair of commitments in Miami (Fla.) Norland wide receiver Therrell Gosier and several others. It will be something to watch especially here in a couple weeks with both Davis and Jennings on campus for the Showtime Camp.

West Virginia has Hubbard (Oh.) offensive lineman Jah'shaun Seider. I also wouldn't overlook a junior college option here depending on what happens.

Elkton (Md.) Eastern Christian Academy quarterback David Sills has committed to WVU!

Newtown (Pa.) Council Rock North 2016 quarterback Brandon McIlwain was reported going to visit WVU sometime this week (between July 13-15) but wasn't able to make it. He also had plans to see VT and UVA this week also but those trips were canceled also. McIlwain plans on making his way to Morgantown sometime this summer or fall.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 15, 2014***

Hilliard (Oh.) Hilliard Davidson linebacker Markus Bailey told me that he will not visit West Virginia for the showtime camp July 26 after committing to Purdue.

Largo (Fla.) Indian Rocks Christian School 2016 running back Theo Anderson told me that he currently has two offers from West Virginia and Pittsburgh, with the Mountaineers being the first to offer him a scholarship during the spring. That is something that the coaches have reminded him of several times and he said that he's had some great discussions with running backs coach JaJuan Seider. Anderson already has visited Pittsburgh with his teammate and plans to visit Morgantown either sometime this summer or later in the process but he has yet to set a date on that trip. Anderson is around 6-foot, 205-pounds and is being recruited for his ability to hit the hole and then accelerate in the open field. He's also hearing from a long list of other schools and I'll have more in a full article.

Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic wide receiver Freddie Simmons reports an offer from West Virginia. Working to catch up with him now.

More an more prospects from Good Counsel are adding their name to the list for the camp July 26 and the latest is 2017 wide receiver Malik Davis.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 14, 2014***

Olney (Md.) Good Counsel 2017 cornerback Mohamed Ibrahim will visit West Virginia July 26.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 13, 2014***

Caught up with Huntersville (NC) Southlake Christian Academy, class of 2017 CB Aapri Washington. He took home the Rivals.com Underclassmen Defensive Back MVP on Saturday at EverBank Field in Jacksonville. We talked about his experience there as well as his recruitment. He doesn't any favorites at this time, but has created a strong connection to Coach Galloway. Washington, who was in Morgantown last month for a camp, told me he does plan to revisit on a game weekend this fall. I'll have much more in a full story.

Wheeling Central Catholic (W.Va.) 2016 guard Chase Harler told me that he is excited to have his first three offers from Marshall, James Madison and Winthrop but he is hearing from several others including St. Joe's, Davidson and of course West Virginia. Harler told me that he grew up a fan of the West Virginia program and has been to games both football and basketball and even has talked with head coach Bob Huggins when he visited unofficially last year about the program and how he could fit in. Harler averaged around 22 points this year in high school and around 15 in AAU he is playing with the West Virginia Wildcats Select this summer for the first time and told me that it's been great for his exposure. I'll have a lot more in an article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 11, 2014***

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South athlete Abu Daramy will camp at West Virginia July 26. Daramy has tried to make the first two camps but wasn't able to do it, however he is very excited for this one and the coaching staff has told him that they are excited to see what he can do in person. He recently was one of the top performers at the Ohio State camp earlier this summer and right now he has around 18 total offers from mainly MAC schools and the service academics. He has the ability to play offense or defense and has long been a big-fan of the West Virginia program.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 10, 2014***

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow told me that he is really starting to narrow things down with his recruitment and right now his clear cut favorite is West Virginia. As I reported earlier today he will visit West Virginia July 26 and he told me flat out that if things go well he will likely end his recruitment and commit to the Mountaineers. Cisrow is up to around 18 total offers and said that he speaks with running backs coach JaJuan Seider almost daily and he has built a very strong bond with the rest of the coaching staff as well. If he does not commit he is also considering trips to Penn State, Duke and Indiana which make up the rest of his top schools. I'll have a lot more in an article tomorrow morning.

Spoke with Green Cove Springs (Fla.) Clay offensive lineman Zach Baker and he told me that he has narrowed his list down to a top group of schools with West Virginia among those along with Oregon State, California, Purdue, Iowa State, Duke, Wake Forest, Central Florida and South Florida. Baker told me that he plans to definitely take official visits to Oregon State and California and is likely looking at official visits to West Virginia, Iowa State and Purdue with the Mountaineers one of the schools he is very interested in at this stage. Baker is taking a very impressive approach to the recruiting process by really taking a step back and looking at the decision not just for four years but the next forty. He has been very impressive with his maturity level when it comes to recruiting. Baker told me that he plans to base his decision on several factors and West Virginia is one of those schools that meet those requirements so far. Baker told me he has gotten to know offensive line coach Ron Crook well and West Virginia is targeting him for offensive tackle but one of his biggest assets is his ability to play all five positions on the offensive line. Since the spring he has watched his recruitment blow up with offers from 25+ programs. Will have a lot more in an article.

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Tyson Cisrow told me he will be visiting West Virginia July 26.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 9, 2014***

Just spoke to St. Petersburg (Fla.) Lakewood cornerback Tyrell Hubbard-Smith and if you remember we did a profile earlier in the spring where he said that West Virginia was his favorite school because he grew up watching the program after his cousin Jock Sanders played with the Mountaineers. He told me that he has been in touch with linebackers coach Damon Codgell and he plans to make it up for West Virginia's final one-day camp of the summer July 26. Right now he has five offers from South Florida, Temple, Toledo, Florida Atlantic and Ball State but lists no favorites and is hearing from a lot more schools. He is being recruited strictly as a cornerback and plenty of other programs have invited him to attend camps this summer and he is working out his schedule. I'll have more in a full article soon.

Just got off the phone Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson defensive end Reuben Jones and he told me that he plans to take official visits to West Virginia, Nebraska, Michigan State and Duke and is still in the process of trying to figure out the last visit. Jones is talking with West Virginia defensive line coach Tom Bradley and he believes the two have hit it off well so far and have built a pretty solid relationship. West Virginia has been a program that has long interested Jones and he told me that he is excited to finally visit campus and see the campuses of all the other schools that he is interested in. UCF also is a school that is recruiting him hard but he doesn't plan to officially visit there because he is so close to campus. Jones has yet to leave the state of Florida and told me he doesn't have any visits set for the rest of the summer. Will have a lot more in a full article.

***DAILY RECRUITING BLAST: July 1, 2014***

Westerville (Oh.) Westerville South offensive tackle Rob Dowdy told me that he really enjoyed his visit to Miami and it really surprised him but he is still down there on vacation just spending time in the city. When he gets back he plans to cut his list to a top five but he told me today that it's very likely that Miami, Michigan State, West Virginia and North Carolina State make that cut. Dowdy told me he is done with visits to new schools although he could see himself making return trips to programs after he officially narrows down his list in the next two weeks. Dowdy said that he has built a good relationship with West Virginia offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson and he was really impressed with the time he spent with the coaches during his visit especially with head coach Dana Holgorsen. All of the schools are recruiting him for tackle and he told me that he's had fun with the recruiting process but expects to make a decision by the end of the summer.

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola linebacker Riley Nicholson told me that his top three are UCF, North Carolina State and West Virginia but for the first time in his recruitment the Mountaineers have fallen behind the other two schools. Nicholson told me that the main reason is because he has heard from a lot of people that if the team does not do well this fall the coaching staff could be fired and that's something that makes him worry about the program. He said that West Virginia is still very much in play but right now it seems like North Carolina State and Central Florida are out front and he is trying to decide if he wants to stay in state or leave the state, which is what he had originally planned to do before he visited UCF. Nicholson told me he hopes to have his decision in the next two weeks and while he had originally planed to visit Iowa State and Purdue those trips will likely not happen now. So West Virginia is still in the picture here but will need to make up some ground.

This post was edited on 8/27 7:53 AM by Vernon

This post was edited on 10/30 11:40 PM by Keenan Cummings

This post was edited on 11/6 12:08 PM by Vernon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT