ADVERTISEMENT

Crest's thoughts

wvurelic

All-Conference
Jan 7, 2012
I wonder how crest really feels about the move. I mean he was recruited by other schools also at QB. Maybe now he regrets his decision to come here now. Hey it happens

I'm willing to wager at 5 - 1 odds that you're more concerned about how you feel about it than Crest does...... Wanna' bet? [smoke]

Jmo but I think the staff wants the ability to have two quarterbacks on the field at one time like Northwestern or Louisiana Monroe. I think you will see Howard and Crest throw the ball out of that set.

It would be optimum if either Howard or Crest were a lefty..

Yes he has, he did so yesterday when he lined-up at receiver, running back, punt returner, and quarterback. [smoke]

Yes he has, he did so yesterday when he lined-up at receiver, running back, punt returner, and quarterback.

Just because the guy will do anything to get on the field doesn't mean he wouldn't prefer to be a starting QB (somewhere).

I'm not suggesting anything here....was simply asking if he "commented", you know...verbally, about the situation.

And by the way painted I don't have anything invested in crest. So yes I would bet, I do no how I would feel personally if it was happening to me. I guess it is sorta what tcu done with Boykin just need toget the ball to him. And we all no how that has turned out

And by the way painted I don't have anything invested in crest. So yes I would bet, I do no how I would feel personally if it was happening to me. I guess it is sorta what tcu done with Boykin just need toget the ball to him. And we all no how that has turned out

Well, that's the point, it is how he feels about it...... certainly appears he's accepted that he's 'next-up' at the QB spot and until his time comes he wants to play elsewhere.

The kid is showing the 'right stuff' early on as a Mountaineer. [smoke]

Sounds pretty simple to me. He was recruited to be QB. The coaches put the best player they have into the positions. Crest is not the best player DH has at QB(at this time). Few, if any, players are recruited with assurance that they will get to play at that position the next coming season. Isn't that simple?

With the way holgs places wr in the nfl, a young kid would be foolish not to try it for a a few games, 1/2 a season or however long he sticks there. I don't know who is better at QB at this point, but if Holgs thinks he can play wr, it can't hurt to try.

I wonder how crest really feels about the move. I mean he was recruited by other schools also at QB. Maybe now he regrets his decision to come here now. Hey it happens
How many second string quarterbacks get drafted by the NFL? Get the man on the field and let fate sort it out.

Bart Starr had a long Hall of Fame career at Green Bay. He was a back-up QB at Alabama. Not bad for a second stringer.

What folks are missing is Crest has been on the practice field all spring and all of last fall as a QB. He's making the move to WR because he can't beat out Howard.

It's all about getting your best players on the field in positions where they can do the most good.

Bart Starr had a long Hall of Fame career at Green Bay. He was a back-up QB at Alabama. Not bad for a second stringer.

What folks are missing is Crest has been on the practice field all spring and all of last fall as a QB. He's making the move to WR because he can't beat out Howard.

It's all about getting your best players on the field in positions where they can do the most good.
I just looked up Starr. He was a seventeenth round draft pick in 1956 and he rode the pine for years until Lombardi arrived and saw something special in him. I think the exception proves the rule pretty well. I don't know that Crest CAN'T beat out Howard, but he hasn't beaten anybody out YET. WR's make a pretty good paycheck in the NFL too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT