38. Texas
45. West Virginia

Other of any possible remote interest
22 Arizona
29 VPI
43 Marshall
49 Georgia Southern
51 Maryland

yep, these things are typically flawed & incorrect, but always makes for interesting discussion.

BXII

2. TCU
4. Baylor
19. Okla
28. Ok State
31. K-State
38. Texas
45. West Virginia

Other of any possible remote interest
22 Arizona
29 VPI
43 Marshall
49 Georgia Southern
51 Maryland

yep, these things are typically flawed & incorrect, but always makes for interesting discussion.
Another win for Marshall I guess.

I guess this is only of interest to folks here if WVU is in the top 25.

Nonetheless

My overrated
7 Auburn - 5 loss team in the top 10; very shaky on D
11 Notre Dame - another 5 loss team ranked sky high
15 Ole Miss - forever credited for nipping Alabama; that D is overrated; when faced a top spread offense (TCU), got taken to the woodshed

My underrated
22 Arizona - Pac-12 South champs; 10 wins; upset Oregon at Oregon; beat rival Ariz State; returns offense
24 Boise St - 12 wins; beat above team in Fiesta Bowl
17 Ga Tech - Lost a good bit on O, but returns QB; triple option is plug & play; 11 wins; smashed Miss State, who was pegged a Final 4 team for weeks for no justifiable reason
6 Mich State - Should be ahead of Baylor, they just beat them; returns QB & good defense

Seems to me you get ranked merely if you are a member of the SEC West & with no consideration that you lost 5-6 games.

The Pac-12 looks loaded & deep both divisions.

Scary to think that Utah State, Marshall, La Tech, Air Force & Duke are ranked ahead of WVU. Never thought I'd see that. Plenty of room to prove em wrong!

Scary to think that Utah State, Marshall, La Tech, Air Force & Duke are ranked ahead of WVU. Never thought I'd see that.
It's even scarier to think that's how low the public perception of our program has fallen under the current regime. Strangely I keep hearing how much "better" we are now, and how embarrassing we were before when we were always regarded more highly than those schools.

Your observations and rationales about the over- and underrated teams in the preseason coaches poll are pretty much a bullseye.

If you talked to a random college football fan they wouldn't think much of WVU. We're ok...certainly nothing special.

That's that... ...and all the threads/posts about Marshall being beneath us kind of proves their point.

Pretty sure that the only "random people" you talk to are located somewhere between the cerebrum and cerebellum and they are all sorts of Bruce Jenner FKN crazy! Apologies to the sane people on the board...

Notre Dame has been overrated forever and will continue to be. They has gotten killed in their bowl games for 20+ years because they are always going up against superior teams because of being overrated. Frankly, I'm sick of Notre Dame and their NBC contract. They get a seat at the table and do not have to jump through the hoops like the other teams in the country.
The only positive thing I can say about Notre Dame is they have consistently played one of the toughest schedules.

So all WVU needs to do is beat #19 Oklahoma, #4 Baylor and #2 TCU IN THE SAME MONTH and the Mountaineers become 2nd to Ohio State.

we were back to being one of the "it" teams for a few weeks. were credited for showing up vs Bama. beat Bay, beat OKSU in Stillwater, hosted gameday. Kevin White became a household name. sadly when Clint's head was nearly twisted off vs TCU, things were never the same.

yep, Notre Dame is overrated & privileged. never have I seen a team gain more from a loss than when they famously almost upset USC.

if nothing else, the October gauntlet presents many opportunities to make a big splash.

Certainly agree with Zona and a solid O, if they improve on that rank full credit to them in a tough conference. As well the Sparty's...They would be my pick in the B10 this year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT