ADVERTISEMENT

Class act by former coach

And in the end he destroyed the thing he loved. Typical for a drunk. No pity for him.
He definitely destroyed his career ending. WVU Basketball will bounce back. But he's not going to get the beautiful retirement ceremony that I would like to see him have.

He definitely destroyed his career ending. WVU Basketball will bounce back. But he's not going to get the beautiful retirement ceremony that I would like to see him have.
Yeah I would have liked to have seen him go out with dignity but he valued booze more than his reputation. You could tell things were going south for him the last few years. In the end he will be remembered...as a program wrecking drunk.

Reactions: WVU-SE
Yeah I would have liked to have seen him go out with dignity but he valued booze more than his reputation. You could tell things were going south for him the last few years. In the end he will be remembered...as a program wrecking drunk.
He definitely wrecked this season. No doubt about that.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
He will be back in the good graces but not as coach and not until Gee is gone. He has been a part of WV and WVU too long not to. Most of the fan base still love Huggs and for good reason.

Most WVU fans know someone with a DUI, and probably much worse, and Im sure they were treated better than Huggins. Huggins messed up, but his DUI is not why they ran him off. His authenticy is. They need a fke ass brown-noser type like Neal who will basically say and do whatever they want. Who will march down high street in support of a violent, anti-American marxist group. That is basically what they want, and now that Huggs is gone, its what they will get.

Last edited:
He will be back in the good graces but not as coach and not until Gee is gone. He has been a part of WV and WVU too long not to. Most of the fan base still love Huggs and for good reason.

Most WVU fans know someone with a DUI, and probably much worse, and Im sure they were treated better than Huggins. Huggins messed up, but his DUI is not why they ran him off. His authenticy is. They need a fke ass brown-noser type like Neal who will basically say and do whatever they want. Who will march down high street in support of a violent, anti-American marxist group. That is basically what they want, and now that Huggs is gone, its what they will get.
I'm sure it was not just a DUI, alcoholism is a disease that destroys a person and a DUI is just a symptom of the bad decisions and chaos a sick individual is creating around them. My guess is it was a mess behind the scenes too and became simply to much when the public was invited to see it via the DUI.

I'm sure it was not just a DUI, alcoholism is a disease that destroys a person and a DUI is just a symptom of the bad decisions and chaos a sick individual is creating around them. My guess is it was a mess behind the scenes too and became simply to much when the public was invited to see it via the DUI.
I can't deny that because his alcoholism has been pretty well-known since we hired him. I mean he drinks with locals at the bars. In a way I feel like WVU enabled him in a lot of ways. Sadly universities have become a hotbed for troubled people to gain employment. He is far from the only alcoholic and their are worse than that behind the scenes. I defend Huggins because not many people seem to want to and I have never seen him be anything but good to people. He has done so much for the area. He definitely has a disease I don't deny that but he also has a good heart. I felt like the whole situation could have been handled much better. In a state that is ripe with drugs and alcohol, he's just another one. But he's been singled out because he holds a very important position. People get away with more than that every day. They don't even arrest the homeless meth heads in downtown Morgantown anymore. I feel bad for Bob Huggins. I can't help it tbh.

Reactions: WVU-SE and WVU_Dave

He was seen wearing Bearcat red today.

He must have read the sign wrong about the free bearcat and mug shots.

He obviously thought it read free beer and shots.

12325754.jpeg

He was seen wearing Bearcat red today.

He must have read the sign wrong about the free bearcat and mug shots.

He obviously thought it read free beer and shots.
If I were him I would accept my HOF as a Bearcat at this point and retire everything in red. Those were his best years and he is loved there more than here by far. He really should embrace the Bearcat everything and forget everything WVU based on all the hate and disgrace. He should totally turn his back on this university 100%. Delete WVU....

Last edited:
If I were him I would accept my HOF as a Bearcat at this point and retire everything in red. Those were his best years and he is loved there more than here by far. He really should embrace the Bearcat everything and forget everything WVU based on all the hate and disgrace. He should totally turn his back on this university 100%. Delete WVU....
Thanks for the proof that you are not a WVU fan.

Thanks for the proof that you are not a WVU fan.
It has nothing to do with me. Tell me how Bob Huggins should be loyal to WVU at this point again? No reason. His recruits are gone. He is an old man now. Close the book.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with me. Tell me how Bob Huggins should be loyal to WVU at this point again? No reason. His recruits are gone. He is an old man now. Close the book.
Huggins should totally accept being tarred and feathered by our administration and come back and kiss the ring.

Have been off these boards for awhile given our basketball program might as well have been deleted from existence this year. Obviously I didn’t miss anything, I doubt I’ll miss anything in the coming years either, can’t wait for coach (insert random retread) who will coach with half the passion as Huggins as we struggle to go .500 in a sport where you can schedule your way to your first 10 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT