ADVERTISEMENT

Christy says he will enforce federal Marijuana laws

Keyser76

All-American
Apr 7, 2010
on day one of his presidency. Why can't the GOP move on from issues that are already popular with the majority of Americans? Not to mention the States rights he always talks about. It's like they can't give up on social issues even after they have lost in the court of public opinion. They seem like angry old men screaming at the future to get off their lawns! lol

on day one of his presidency. Why can't the GOP move on from issues that are already popular with the majority of Americans? Not to mention the States rights he always talks about. It's like they can't give up on social issues even after they have lost in the court of public opinion. They seem like angry old men screaming at the future to get off their lawns! lol

Can you blame him?

american-dad-munchies-stoned-stoner-Favim.jpg

I listened to what he had to say. I don't agree on this specific issue but I do agree with the overall principle he was trying to convey.

What he said was that as an elected official you have a duty to uphold and enforce laws, not just the ones you like, but especially the ones you dislike. He also said we have mechanisms in place to reverse unpopular or unproductive laws and that is through Congress. What he said makes complete sense in the context he was using it.

I won't be voting for him, I disagree on pot being illegal, but he is correct that the political process and enforcement of laws is an elected official's responsibility.

Reactions: mneilmont

If the states don't comply, he'll shut down all their bridges

Reactions: Keyser76
I listened to what he had to say. I don't agree on this specific issue but I do agree with the overall principle he was trying to convey.

What he said was that as an elected official you have a duty to uphold and enforce laws, not just the ones you like, but especially the ones you dislike. He also said we have mechanisms in place to reverse unpopular or unproductive laws and that is through Congress. What he said makes complete sense in the context he was using it.

I won't be voting for him, I disagree on pot being illegal, but he is correct that the political process and enforcement of laws is an elected official's responsibility.

I have yet to hear or read what he said so I am basing my response on your comments being accurate. That is a large leap of faith on my part.

I also agree with upholding and enforcing laws and for the most part, I believe most of our elected officials attempt to do it. So Christy is not breaking new ground here but rather playing politics because there are many that believe that is not the case due to ridiculous rhetoric being put forth by those with agendas.

I don't agree on making pot legal and hate that some states have done so outside of the use for medical reasons. I am in favor of using pot for medical reasons. There is a big problem with the laws passed in Colorado and Washington whether or not those state laws are in fact constitutional which leaves the federal government in a tough spot. The Supreme Court needs to take on these laws in the future and I'm guessing they will. Until then (and even after), politicians will play politics just like Christy has done.

I have yet to hear or read what he said so I am basing my response on your comments being accurate. That is a large leap of faith on my part.

I also agree with upholding and enforcing laws and for the most part, I believe most of our elected officials attempt to do it. So Christy is not breaking new ground here but rather playing politics because there are many that believe that is not the case due to ridiculous rhetoric being put forth by those with agendas.

I don't agree on making pot legal and hate that some states have done so outside of the use for medical reasons. I am in favor of using pot for medical reasons. There is a big problem with the laws passed in Colorado and Washington whether or not those state laws are in fact constitutional which leaves the federal government in a tough spot. The Supreme Court needs to take on these laws in the future and I'm guessing they will. Until then (and even after), politicians will play politics just like Christy has done.
He reiterated multiple times a parallel with this specific law and playing politics with the sanctuary cities. Agreed that he wasn't breaking new ground but the OP made it seem like Christy was going after pot. In fact he was just saying that we have mechanisms in place to remove laws on the books that are unpopular and we should rely on the process as opposed to circumventing it.

He reiterated multiple times a parallel with this specific law and playing politics with the sanctuary cities. Agreed that he wasn't breaking new ground but the OP made it seem like Christy was going after pot. In fact he was just saying that we have mechanisms in place to remove laws on the books that are unpopular and we should rely on the process as opposed to circumventing it.

Thanks. I fully agree.

Glad to see that you are a protector of States Rights.

Chris Christie is still in the race? His campaign was DOA. His tough guy stance was ripped to shreds the second Trump entered the race.

Do you mean give up on social issues like Obamacare which most were against? Those types of social issues?

Doesn't the President have a duty to enforce all the laws of the land? Since when can he/she simply pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to ignore? Does he/she have that power? Is that how a Republic works?

ADVERTISEMENT