ADVERTISEMENT

Cheer up Georgia Southern!

shortgapwvu

All-American
Gold Member
May 16, 2008
Fort Ashby, WV
Even when you lose to WVU (I'll be there cheering), it will be just another loss against a quality opponent. You will move on to your next opponent. You will probably even win your conference..... unless the other Mountaineers have something to say about it. You will never let it affect your entire season AND your head coaching hire.

Facts:
Marshall hired our asst. Head Coach for the sole purpose of understanding WVU'S offense and defense better.

Marshall played #2 Ohio State the week before and played with zero care because they had been preparing for WVU all training camp. They overlooked what could have been a landmark victory because they only cared about WVU coming to town. They got destroyed.

They played as hard as they will ever played against WVU. They even got lucky on a non-called fumble before their receiver passed the goal line for a TD. They gave up 2 TD drives of 90+ yards in the final 8 minutes. Their RB fumbled on what would have been a game sealing TD. Then, their kicker missed a game tying FG wide right even though the crooked posts leaned that way.

Then..... this happened. Don't worry, GSU. I expect you to handle your loss with class. This isn't your Super Bowl after all.

Even when you lose to WVU (I'll be there cheering), it will be just another loss against a quality opponent. You will move on to your next opponent. You will probably even win your conference..... unless the other Mountaineers have something to say about it. You will never let it affect your entire season AND your head coaching hire.

That looks like what the homeless do after a Georgia State loss around their inner city campus in Atlanta. You see to get 10,000 fans in their stadium they give out 5000 free tickets, a hotdog, & a bottle of Mad Dog to entice the homeless in to fill seats. Since GaSt wins 19% of their games their campus is well lit on Saturday nights.

Thanks GAP for saying we have an edge in winning our conference! You are a quality opponent
so our win against WVU will enhance our status as a 2nd year FBS team. WE are ranked 60th now but a win over a quality WVU should jump us to 45.

If for "some reason" GSU losses I'll be back to congratulate the members of this board and the WVU team. That's the way TALON rolls - give credit where it is deserved.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT