ADVERTISEMENT

char coal ?

stevek01

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2010
I've been using a Smokey Mountain gas smoker for 6-7 yrs and have enjoyed it a lot. The down side to it has been I haven't been able to keep a consistent temperature on it.

I am going to buy a webber kettle grill and try smoking on it. What are you favorite char coals to use ? What coals burn the hottest or longest ?

I known the BGE is a great grill/smoker but I'm not sure I want to start out with something like that.

Thanks in advance

I've been using a Smokey Mountain gas smoker for 6-7 yrs and have enjoyed it a lot. The down side to it has been I haven't been able to keep a consistent temperature on it.

I am going to buy a webber kettle grill and try smoking on it. What are you favorite char coals to use ? What coals burn the hottest or longest ?

I known the BGE is a great grill/smoker but I'm not sure I want to start out with something like that.

Thanks in advance

I'm no expert on charcoal. I like the natural hardwood types better than briquettes. If you were considering a BGE you may want to take a look at this Kamado grill at Sam Club; http://www.samsclub.com/sams/kamago-grill/prod11390118.ip?navAction=push . I checked it out last week. Its very well built and a lot cheaper than the BGE and it stacks up well spec and quality wise. Several year ago I switched from a gas smoker to a MasterBuilt Pro 1500 watt at Home Depot electric unit because I also had a hard time controlling the temp. This electric one is much better and the temp control is very precise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT