ADVERTISEMENT

Cajun Shrimp Pasta ?

EERSFANTOO

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2001
Do any of you all remember the Cajun Shrimp or Chicken Pasta that was served at the old General Seafood in Charleston or later on the Edward Moonlight Barge Restaurant in South Charleston? Long story short, I'm looking for a good Cajun sauce to go with shrimp and linguini.

I keep checking back for a response to this...my wife loves that stuff but I haven't ever found a go-to recipe for it.

A-bump!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We finally broke down and figured it out ourselves. Here's what my wife ended up doing.

Brown some garlic in 1/2 stick butter, then sautee the shrimp in thatRemove the shrimp, and make a roux by adding 1/4 cup flourSlowly add 2 cups milk, then add 1tbsp cajun seasoning and 1tbsp thai chili pasteToss in the skrimps and a box of angel hair pasta or fettucini
Angie turned it up a notch by adding about 15 sea scallops, which was a nice touch. In this case, I actually think bay scallops would have been better. Next time I think she's going to sautee an onion with the garlic.

I went into a place in Charleston a few days ago called Joe's Fish Market to buy some shrimp and noticed they had a big wooden sign that read General Seafood. I asked them if they knew anybody with the Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe. Turns out they sell it there in like pints or several pints. It's not as good as I remember from the old days but it satisfied my cravings for a while. If you're ever in Charleston it's worth the time stopping and picking some up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT