ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Connelly: West Virginia preview

43rd Parallel

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
AN EXCERPT:

Between the road schedule and the turnover in the passing game, it's likely that WVU is looking at another six to eight wins this year. Mountaineer fans got tired of winning nine under Bill Stewart, so it will be interesting to see the reaction here. There are almost no seniors on the offense, however, and the ridiculous road slate will turn into a ridiculous home slate in 2016. The goal has to be building for a nice run next year, but that's only if a great defense doesn't implode because of graduation.

LINK

Bill Stewart didn't play Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU or Baylor. Give me a break. Stewart never won the Big East when he coach (tied with UCONN when UCONN beats you, make me think UCONN was the real league champion). Stewart was a great man, but a head coach, he was over his head. He hired some clown that was never a O-Coordinator before and turn WVU from a Great Offense to a Average Offense. Did Oregon change there Offense when they changed Coaches? NO and WVU should have change there Offense. If Dana was in the Big East or the AAC, he would win the Big East or AAC every year.

WVU got tired of loosing games like Uconn ECU and Colorado under Stewart. Count me in the Stewart was a good guy crowd but his biggest downfall was refusal to hire/fire staff that could get the job done. I'll even go as far as saying Stewart would have been a great head coach had he put a good offensive staff together.

This year the defense will be one of the best in the nation and the offense will be explosive enough to win 9-10 games. We will be this years surprise team. TCU WVU Texas and Oklahoma will be top 4 in the conference. In what order I don't know.

Bill Stewart... a nice man... would be a good coach at the Citadel... or is that VMI. Don't be a N.......!

Sorry! I really did like the man and bought into the entire hype after the Oklahoma win. As things unraveled and the word got out of how insecure he may have been, I kind of lost my enthusiasm for the man/coach. He was in a tough place and I sort of admire him for that, but I need to hold up his total career to the"light" and see the shadows. Probably the best speech I've ever heard in a locker room prior to a game. He has a special place amongst us but he was far from a perfect individual. None of us are.

Sorry! I really did like the man and bought into the entire hype after the Oklahoma win. As things unraveled and the word got out of how insecure he may have been, I kind of lost my enthusiasm for the man/coach. He was in a tough place and I sort of admire him for that, but I need to hold up his total career to the"light" and see the shadows. Probably the best speech I've ever heard in a locker room prior to a game. He has a special place amongst us but he was far from a perfect individual. None of us are.
Clown.

ADVERTISEMENT