ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII Camaraderie w/o the crybabies (MU, NU, CU, ATM)

kimballcat

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2003
I know this is kind of a topic for everyone besides the conference newbies, but does everyone else get the feeling that the conference is much more cohesive since the whiners all left? It seems like the conference is more competitive as well as a togetherness that I haven't felt since the conference first formed in the 90's. Since the four old schools left for "greener" pastures, the rest of the schools seem to stick up for each other more as well as build a conference pride similar to what they have in the SEC and Little 10. It feels like the current 10 are excited about the strength of the conference and seems to see everyone as equals unlike any I can remember. By the way, I love the University of Misery meltdowns going on in KC right now. They are epic. I can't wait to see how this conference grows in the future and LOVE the round robbin format.

Originally posted by kimballcat:
I know this is kind of a topic for everyone besides the conference newbies, but does everyone else get the feeling that the conference is much more cohesive since the whiners all left? It seems like the conference is more competitive as well as a togetherness that I haven't felt since the conference first formed in the 90's. Since the four old schools left for "greener" pastures, the rest of the schools seem to stick up for each other more as well as build a conference pride similar to what they have in the SEC and Little 10. It feels like the current 10 are excited about the strength of the conference and seems to see everyone as equals unlike any I can remember. By the way, I love the University of Misery meltdowns going on in KC right now. They are epic. I can't wait to see how this conference grows in the future and LOVE the round robbin format.
You won't find many fans of Missouri in the WVU fanbase. When both teams were being looked at by the SEC it got a little nasty.

MU, NU, and ATM were ALWAYS whining about something. It's actually strange that everyone seems content. CU never really fit in, so I understand why they weren't ever content, but it is so nice to have 10 schools in the conference who actually want to be in the conference. We are so glad to have WV and TCU aboard. I look forward to seeing how the conference dynamics evolve over the years and how bball season goes with the new conference.

If fan self esteem were the numerator and their team's true ability the denominator, then the highest quotient fan bases/teams in the US are ranked:

1. aTm (most dilusional fan base ever, consistently thinking they are relevant when they are not)
2. Tie between MO and NE (MO because the denominator was never there....NE because the denominator was last "decent" when our grandpas were fans)
4. Colorado (only because the denominator is damned near zero and any resemblance of a numerator is drug related)

I miss the Huskers, but not their internet fans, and certainly not Bo. I always had respect for NU in the old days even when they were stomping us by 50. MU, eh, who ever cared? CU-- I liked the Buffs, they never did me wrong, they were just always California dreaming. They'd better change their mascot to a seal or shark, because buffalo only graze on prairie.

But these WVU Mountaineers-- wow! Great fans, great history/tradition, knowledgeable, and they stick by their team rain or shine. I have only seen a couple getting bent out of shape with the "horns down" thing here and on the Texas board, but the dust-up was started by grumpy Texas fans in the first place, and the good Texas fans are still trying to sweep away the mess, trying to break it up. We'd all do well to remember no one or ten internet fans speak for an entire fan base.

We're not going to love each other, and we all want to win. But healthy respect-- for the big and small schools alike-- and conference pride seem to be in abundance this year in the Big XII. As a lifelong Wildcat fan, mostly through the Futility U years in football, but hearkening back through the Jack Hartman era in basketball, I've seen my share of ups and downs.

With the entrance of WVU into the league, we are on the upswing. All the conference shuffling is behind us, we're looking to start a new hundred years of tradition, rivalry, and maybe re-draw some national maps. I'm excited to have the Mountaineers and the TCU Frogs in our league, and look forward to a murderous nine weeks every fall.

Big XII football is the best!

GO CATS!
BEAT THE CLONES!!
EMAW!!!

Mizzou - It's really amazing what douche waffles the Mizzou fans on Rivals were/are.. I guess I just wouldn't have guessed it.

A&M - fans on Rivals are just what you thought they would be and what they are in real life. Delusional and goofy as hell.

Nebraska - Rivals are a big mix from bad to pretty good. As a team and program, I miss them the most as they brought a certain cache of history and success.

Colorado - I don't miss these guys at all. They never really seemed to belong and have sucked big time since they left.

NU and A$M were both solid top to bottom qthletic programs. NU is the most complete all around (except b-ball).

Missou has the most meth labs to contribute, and wal marts of course.
CU had a ton of bongs.

WVU seems to fit right in. I like em.

This isn't to start anything with WVU fans, but trust me when I tell you that you only barely scratched the surface when it comes to seeing the true nature of Missewery fans. They must offer a program at MethU that provides a double major in jackass behavior combined with cognitive dissonance. For anyone that is unaware, MethU fans believe they are a top-tier program in both basketball and football. No, I am not kidding about that. With no national championships in either sport, no BCS bowl appearances (let alone wins), no Big 12 conference championships in either, and no final fours (ever), they believe they are among the nation's best in both sports.

My apologies to everyone else posting here or just reading these posts, but MethU has been retired to the hall of fame for delusional fans. There simply are no other fans that have a greater disconnect between self-image and actual on field/court performance.

Originally posted by JayhawkinGeorgia:
This isn't to start anything with WVU fans, but trust me when I tell you that you only barely scratched the surface when it comes to seeing the true nature of Missewery fans. They must offer a program at MethU that provides a double major in jackass behavior combined with cognitive dissonance. For anyone that is unaware, MethU fans believe they are a top-tier program in both basketball and football. No, I am not kidding about that. With no national championships in either sport, no BCS bowl appearances (let alone wins), no Big 12 conference championships in either, and no final fours (ever), they believe they are among the nation's best in both sports.

My apologies to everyone else posting here or just reading these posts, but MethU has been retired to the hall of fame for delusional fans. There simply are no other fans that have a greater disconnect between self-image and actual on field/court performance.
Lol.... good stuff Jayhawk. I hate the Jayhawks, but they are family. They're the ones you're kind of ashamed of ;-), but they still are. MU left us in a bitter divorce. Who knew we'd find a much hotter partner in WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT