ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone travel to Lubbock

I'm sure the TT fans were the non welcoming douchebags that they always are. They love to throw crap at the fans, & your bench, including the coaching staff. They love to throw ice and tortillas and other crap they can find.PLEASE don't let them sour your sentiments for the rest of the BigXII. None of the rest of us are like that..CU was too, but screw 'em
wink.r191677.gif
They are gone now~~

Several DieHard marine batteries were hammer thrown into the visitor section. It's just our style.

WVU fans traveled well and were great guests. They know how to party and just threw the batteries back. Upgrade to Agroids IYAM.

Cat, you have fat asses in purple masks make videos. Pretty weak but we don't judge here in the new Big12.

There are options. In the future I will go to OK state or anywhere but Lubbock. I will never go back. Borish, moronic behaviour.

Originally posted by CoupDeTa:
Several DieHard marine batteries were hammer thrown into the visitor section. It's just our style.

WVU fans traveled well and were great guests. They know how to party and just threw the batteries back. Upgrade to Agroids IYAM.

Cat, you have fat asses in purple masks make videos. Pretty weak but we don't judge here in the new Big12.

One fat ass in a purple mask won't take an eye out. Nice comparison there.

Originally posted by CatWoman:
Originally posted by CoupDeTa:

One fat ass in a purple mask won't take an eye out. Nice comparison there.
The fat ass just blinds people like mangino.

Lets just state the obvious, we already know what you enjoyed from Lubbock. You got the finer tips on how to rape grandmothers, how to sneak car batteries into the stadium, and how to launch them onto the opponents bench, and how to properly throw hot dogs onto coaches faces. Now that formalities are out of the way, I'm also curious as to how you guys liked Lubbock. I saw WVU fans walking around in jerseys without people giving them trouble, and saw a couple WVU guys getting Tech gear at redraider outfitter. Looked like good, solid fans. I would never expect an aTm fan to do this. Then again, we hate(d) those guys.

Originally posted by CatWoman:

I'm sure the TT fans were the non welcoming douchebags that they always are. They love to throw crap at the fans, & your bench, including the coaching staff. They love to throw ice and tortillas and other crap they can find.PLEASE don't let them sour your sentiments for the rest of the BigXII. None of the rest of us are like that..CU was too, but screw 'em
wink.r191677.gif
They are gone now~~
I didn't go but to be honest the people I have talked to said they didn't have a great experience. Said everyone was great outside of the student's who were rude, and were indeed throwing things. Do they really sit the students next to the visitors? That makes zero sense as if they did that in Morgantown I can only imagine lol.

Obviously losing makes everything seem worse but a friend of mine said it wasn't nearly as welcoming as Texas was (they were amazing).

Let me add that the guy I heard this from is the type of guy that would make it sound worse since we lost. So take it with a grain of salt. Not too mention, comparing to the week before which was proabably the nicest we have been treated outside of the SEC.
This post was edited on 10/18 3:40 PM by WVU-SE

Lubbock is easily the most difficult Big 12 town for visiting (although we've been told the Big East fans would nominate someone else...). Unless it's your school's rival no one is likely to treat you worse than the Tech student body. I think this happens when no one really considers you a rival, or even singles you out as being beneath being a rival as OU does with OSU (that's really just a back-handed way of admitting it's a rivalry after all).

Austin is kind of neutral to me. They're never rude there, but after a while you realize they know deep down, whether it's really true or not, that they're better than you. It's a great city to visit at any time, whether football is part of the visit or not. I also enjoy leaving at the end of the day though.

I find it ironic that there's been such an issue between Kansas State and West Virginia fans this week. I think KSU and Iowa State fans have always been the easiest to get along with. Maybe because they're similar schools, but I suspect the fans from Norman or Austin would agree with that.

Late response to this, as I didn't really know this board was here. I traveled to Lubbock, and honestly, all people and fans I specifically ran into were great. By "specifically", I mean had actual direct contact with. I was "booed" good-naturedly upon walking into one sports bar, but then was bought drinks off and on, approached to welcome us, discuss the trip, etc. The manager of another place went out of her way to come to our table and welcome us. We were invited to tailgates, invited to the roof-top bar across from the stadium and bought drinks there, given recommendations as to places to go otherwise, etc. Yes, we sat beside the students, and I think that's a bit of a poor choice, just as I think it's a poor choice at WVU to have the visiting fans have to go past the student gates to get to their sections. That being said, the students were just being students, and really didn't seem to be any worse than I'd typically expect. I've been to nearly every away game for about 8 years, so I have a reasonable cross-section of experiences to judge against, though anyone can have a different experience. I admit I don't go out of my way to antagonize other fans, typically, nor do I go out after games when WVU loses, so that changes the experiences I have. Bottom line, is that while I didn't enjoy that game, I had a great time in Lubbock otherwise. I want the opposing fans to be into their team and the game, and in this case, they were. In my direct experience, the non-student fans were classy, and the students were students.
This post was edited on 10/24 4:13 PM by WVU93PE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT