ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here use a K-cup brewer ??

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
Got one for Christmas.....

Was a good choice for me because I'm only an occasional coffee drinker at home.....primarily on weekends.....and because I can't stand some of the concoctions my wife throws together in her morning pot. She's pretty much a 100% decaf drinker, and usually adds some of these flavored (as I call them) coffee "beverage" brews to the mix. The aromas are as weird as some of the flavors. I can deal with the decaf, but not the other stuff.

Like many, I myself like the straight-forward and basic Donut Shop brand as much as anything, and get the impression it's among THE most popular varieties among ALL K-Cups. I also just received a shipment of equivalents of differing brands.....two Green Mountain and one Caribou....though I think Green Mountain has its mitts in just about everything that goes into a K-Cup (maybe they own the concept).

Anyway, I tried Green Mountain's "Our Blend" for the first time this morning, and I don't think I can recommend it. While I admittedly tend toward lighter brews, this one is downright weak (at least in a roughly a 10 oz cup). Will have to try it with a bit less water next time and see if that helps. Still have GM's Breakfast Blend and Caribou's Daybreak to try out.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried.....and liked....Our Blend; I'm also interested in recommendations of other brands.

I have one at home and we have a super sized industrial version in out doc lounge at work . There we have a bazillion favors so I've tried a bunch

Try lake and lodge , breakfast blend, Vermont country blend

I like the lighter stuff to.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I have a Keurig and I generally like light to medium roast coffees, but in K-cups I usually go toward bolder coffees because it seems weaker. I do make a full big cup of coffee out of one K-cup, though, which is the medium and small settings combined on my brewer. Donut Shop is good. I should use it more, but I generally just get Starbucks coffee in the morning as I'm going in to work. The Keurig is usually a sat/sun morning thing for me.

using that now as my mother-in-law bought a giant box of it from Sam's Club for me for my birthday last year with 80 k-cups. at 1-4 per weekend I'm about halfway through them now.

I shoulda' checked first with a guy named Bean

3dgrin.gif
I think there MAY be something to your comment about bolder brews being better in K-cup form; that could easily explain why I find Donut Shop to be better than the light roasts to which I referred. Wish I'd have posted here first (and gotten your perspective) before buying those three light roasts.....which will last me at least a year based on my present usage pattern.

Oh, I also bought a box of Cafe Escapes' Cafe Mocha K-cups.....my teens LOVE hot mochas......and it's absolutely LOUSY; sickly sweet and watery, with virtually no coffee flavor whatsoever. Don't waste your money on this one
mad.gif

Tried each of my new K-cup brands in a roughly 8oz brew this AM.....

.....and ALL were much better than in the larger 10 ounce brew. Thanks to Bean's general perspective, I'm now fairly convinced that's THE trick for a good cup of coffee when using lighter roasts in K-cup versions.
This post was edited on 2/25 2:05 PM by COOL MAN

Re: Tried each of my new K-cup brands in a roughly 8oz brew this AM.....

I like the bolder ones too.

And, it actually makes a decent iced tea. I like both the half and half, and the southern sweet. Got em both on sale at elder beerman
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT