ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody own a Vita Mix ??

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
My wife has been talking a bit about these pricey appliances; not too seriously, really.....just indicating some basic curiosity after seeing them on display at Costco (and Lord knows, TV has been pushing them off and on for decades). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has one, and learn if they're even remotely as useful as they've always been portrayed.

Yeah. I fought the urge for years, saw a sale for around $300 +/- with the 48 oz. jar, and I took the plunge. Wish I'd done it sooner. Customer service is very good. I had a small leak, and they offered to send me a whole new container on the spot. Told them I thought maybe it wasn't the container, but just a seal, and they sent me a new blade mechanism with a tool to install it. Turned out all I need was the tool to tighten things a bit. I'd given it a good workout making almond butter, and I guess it loosened a bit. Makes great smoothies, smooth soups, etc. If those are things you like, it's way better than any blender I've had before. Can't compare to Blendtec, Ninja, etc. as I've neverf used those.

Originally posted by WVU93PE:
Yeah. I fought the urge for years, saw a sale for around $300 +/- with the 48 oz. jar, and I took the plunge. Wish I'd done it sooner. Customer service is very good. I had a small leak, and they offered to send me a whole new container on the spot. Told them I thought maybe it wasn't the container, but just a seal, and they sent me a new blade mechanism with a tool to install it. Turned out all I need was the tool to tighten things a bit. I'd given it a good workout making almond butter, and I guess it loosened a bit. Makes great smoothies, smooth soups, etc. If those are things you like, it's way better than any blender I've had before. Can't compare to Blendtec, Ninja, etc. as I've neverf used those.
Well said. I have used the Ninja and it's decent but not even in the same stratosphere as either the Blentec or the Vitamix (I own both and love them both).

The Vitamix is a better overal quality blender but I do use the blendtec more just b/c of it's size and ease of use.

If you want to make flour or almond butter often the Vitmaix is a slightly better machine. You have to use the little handle thing (which is fine) while the blendtec is one button and leave it (most of the time).

Both great machines and if you are into healthy eating and want an easy way to get some good Vitamins in a smoothie they are a great investment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT