ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you guys able to get any hatch peppers?

backcountry mounty

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
They are in season now for three weeks. Only time in the year you can get them. Supposed to be a great pepper for grilling or roasting. I've never seen them in a market. If anyone lives near the Robinson Township (Pa.) Market Place you are supposed to be able to get them there.

Probably be perfect for old buzzard's recipe below.

No Hatch Peppers but I have a ton of Ghost Peppers...

I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of them.
scared0013.r191677.gif

Hilltop Fruit Market in Grantsville, MD (off of I-68) has Hatch Pepper Cheese. Really good.

I've never heard of hatch peppers, but

Since I have made it a habit to include in my garden every year something I've never grown before, I will look for hatch peppers next year. If that works out I'll make sure you get some of them. This years experiment was peanuts, which I won't know how well they did until the first day of frost. A couple of years ago it was the ghost pepper, which I couldn't find anyone willing volunteers to taste them, (and I didn't have the nerve either, so they all went to waste). Next year I'm thinking maybe figs.........

I use a lot of ground Hatch powder that I obtain online from a Chili store in Santa Fe. Good stuff. Makes a wonderful enchilada sauce.

The Nambe is even better, if harder to find. Out of this world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT