ADVERTISEMENT

Another shooting, 2 dead in theatre

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Happened in Louisiana. The shooter had to be Muslim or part of a terroristic organization, right? Will we now be pursuing armed guards at theatre's now?

My point is that we are quick to call out foreign terrorists when these type of events continue to show we have a DOMESTIC terrorist threat as well....and not all are Muslim.

Happened in Louisiana. The shooter had to be Muslim or part of a terroristic organization, right? Will we now be pursuing armed guards at theatre's now?

My point is that we are quick to call out foreign terrorists when these type of events continue to show we have a DOMESTIC terrorist threat as well....and not all are Muslim.

How do you know it was terrorism?

Need more hay strawman.

Shooter walks in...pulls trigger....kills innocent people. Yeah, I call that an act of terrorism.
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
  1. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Very premature to call this terrorism

Shooter walks in...pulls trigger....kills innocent people. Yeah, I call that an act of terrorism.
And you would be jumping the gun a bit. What political gain was he trying to achieve? Right now there is no motive. In the Chatanooga shooting ISIS was claiming responsibility.

And you would be jumping the gun a bit. What political gain was he trying to achieve? Right now there is no motive. In the Chatanooga shooting ISIS was claiming responsibility.

Regardless if Allah told him to do it, or an Alien from the planet Neptune....in my opinion, there is no difference between this incident and the shooting at Chattanooga. Both are attacks on America!

Regardless if Allah told him to do it, or an Alien from the planet Neptune....in my opinion, there is no difference between this incident and the shooting at Chattanooga. Both are attacks on America!

There is a big difference. Murders happen everyday. Terrorist attacks against our homeland to advance a political cause don't.

Why do Libs always want to downplay real terrorism?

Last edited:
There is a big difference. Murders happen everyday. Terrorist attacks against our homeland to advance a political cause don't.

Why do Libs always want to downplay real terrorism?

I don't know, maybe you could explain that to me when it is domestic terrorism? Like how some claim McVeigh wasn't a "terrorist"?

I don't know, maybe you could explain that to me when it is domestic terrorism? Like how some claim McVeigh wasn't a "terrorist"?
Motive is the driving difference. I understand the point you are trying to make, but there is a legitimate difference. McVeigh was domestic terror because his act was politically motivated. Ft. Hood was domestic terror, I would even say Charleston was as well, as was Boston and abortion clinic attacks. WBC is a non-violent terrorist organization.

Until we know the motive behind this one, it's unclear.

Didn't the FBI investigation show no link to any terrorist organization for that guy?
Wasn't tracking on that. Regardless of if there was a link or not, his motive is the driving principle behind whether it was considered terrorism or just murder.

Wasn't tracking on that. Regardless of if there was a link or not, his motive is the driving principle behind whether it was considered terrorism or just murder.

The FBI has established several links to Islamic radicals.

We don't know what his motives were. He's dead. If he wasn't linked to any terrorist organization, then making the claims he was a "terrorist" will be based on his religious background alone. Correct?

And there was a politician from Pennsylvania who claimed back in 2009 (I think was the year) that McVeigh was just an "angry American" and not a terrorist. But if the last name wasn't McVeigh, but instead "Insert Muslim last name here" he would, and everyone else would, make no problems in claiming "terrorist".

I guess THAT is my point.

We don't know what his motives were. He's dead. If he wasn't linked to any terrorist organization, then making the claims he was a "terrorist" will be based on his religious background alone. Correct?

And there was a politician from Pennsylvania who claimed back in 2009 (I think was the year) that McVeigh was just an "angry American" and not a terrorist. But if the last name wasn't McVeigh, but instead "Insert Muslim last name here" he would, and everyone else would, make no problems in claiming "terrorist".

2 things. 1 the politician who said that incorrect. If this guy didn't leave some kind of reasoning its telling in its own right as to it not being terrorism.

The point about McVeigh is ridiculous. The IRA has been linked to terror longer than Muslims have. Lots of Mc's in the IRA.

Well then your point is not very sharp....you take the words of ONE politician and paint it as the truth. McVeigh was politically motivated and was a domestic terrorist. The determination of the TN shooter hasn't been finalized as far as I know, but I haven't been following it.

I guess I was changing the subject slightly. I didn't track it closely either but recall seeing a story in which the FBI investigation showed no links to terrorist organizations.

Your point is absolutely correct. It would be terrorism based on motive regardless of any affiliation with a terrorist group.

I agree with your point to a degree. I'm a bit sensitive to it because I'm fairly close with some Muslims and they are absolutely NOT the radicals and are actually great examples of the "religion of peace" statement that people like to mock. So, I bristle a bit when people make broad generalizations about Muslims.

However, that politician couldn't be more wrong (imagine that). McVeigh was absolutely a terrorist. He specifically targeted the government building because of the Waco incident. He carefully chose his target, he planned the whole thing as a political or idealogical statement. That's terrorism regardless of the color of your skin or your name or your religion.

I think making the claims that the TN shooter was a terrorist are more about him specifically targeting the military recruitment office, and then him being a Muslim just makes it easier.

Oh cool. Guess I need to go out and shoot up a theater because that's what we do right?

Well, go read another thread. Your right wing buddy claims that ALL liberals protect terrorists. (or something like that) Works both ways, I guess. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Oh cool. Guess I need to go out and shoot up a theater because that's what we do right?

Before you do, can you give me a head's up? At least tell me what movie it will be so I can see something else. [laughing] Or just make it a Drew Barrymore movie, no way I'd be in that theater.

Honestly, I'm somewhat concerned with right wingers committing acts like this. Look at Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, the Olympic Bomber, etc. etc. I'm not very concerned at all about liberals committing acts like this. Just being honest. Liberals aren't violent.

Honestly, I'm somewhat concerned with right wingers committing acts like this. Look at Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, the Olympic Bomber, etc. etc. I'm not very concerned at all about liberals committing acts like this. Just being honest. Liberals aren't violent.

Libs aren't violent?

THE LIST:
– Nidal Hasan – Ft Hood Shooter: Registered Democrat and Muslim.
– Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooter – black liberal/Obama voter
– Seung-Hui Cho – Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff, registered Democrat.
– James Holmes – the “Dark Knight”/Colorado shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, #Occupy guy,progressive liberal, hated Christians.
– Amy Bishop, the rabid leftist, killed her colleagues in Alabama, Obama supporter.
– Andrew J. Stack, flew plane into IRS building in Texas – Leftist Democrat
– James J. Lee who was the “green activist”/ leftist took hostages at Discovery Channel – progressive liberal Democrat.

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

You do realize that many other "mass" shootings have been committed by those on the left hand side of the scale?

Libs aren't violent?

THE LIST:
– Nidal Hasan – Ft Hood Shooter: Registered Democrat and Muslim.
– Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooter – black liberal/Obama voter
– Seung-Hui Cho – Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff, registered Democrat.
– James Holmes – the “Dark Knight”/Colorado shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, #Occupy guy,progressive liberal, hated Christians.
– Amy Bishop, the rabid leftist, killed her colleagues in Alabama, Obama supporter.
– Andrew J. Stack, flew plane into IRS building in Texas – Leftist Democrat
– James J. Lee who was the “green activist”/ leftist took hostages at Discovery Channel – progressive liberal Democrat.

Adolf Hitler = killing MILLIONS of people = Right-winger.....[thumbsup]

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

You do realize that many other "mass" shootings have been committed by those on the left hand side of the scale?

I'm damn serious. Ever heard of militias? You know their ideals/beliefs/motives? Those that are labeled "leftists" that committed heinous acts committed those acts primarily because of mental disease or disorder and not for political purposes or motivation. All the right wingers committed those acts solely for political and ideological reasons. Bombing abortion clinics....

I'm damn serious. Ever heard of militias? You know their ideals/beliefs/motives? Those that are labeled "leftists" that committed heinous acts committed those acts primarily because of mental disease or disorder and not for political purposes or motivation. All the right wingers committed those acts solely for political and ideological reasons. Bombing abortion clinics....

Committing the act itself is a sign of serious mental disorder, whether politically motivated or not.

Reactions: WhiteTailEER

Lol. Left wing mass murderers. When was the last abortion clinic bombing? Lol.

Idiot....

Lol. Left wing mass murderers. When was the last abortion clinic bombing? Lol.
Speaking of abortions - what are all those lefty docs and their supporters called - terrorists I would think

This motherfvcker done went full retard up in here.

Reactions: rog1187
Hitler was an atheist, but more importantly, Stalin. Pol Pot and Mao killed far more than Hitler. And they were all libs.

Hitler was a Roman Catholic as well as a believer in various kinds of occult nonsense.

Speaking of abortions - what are all those lefty docs and their supporters called - terrorists I would think

How about we call them doctors and we call the patients women who are exercising a constitutional right. You know, that constitution thing that you right wingers like to accuse Obama of violating but he's never been found in violation? Abortion has been legal since 1972 - that's only 43 years. If you want to bitch about anything, bitch about right wingers being so impotent they can't get Roe vs Wade overturned.

How about we call them doctors and we call the patients women who are exercising a constitutional right. You know, that constitution thing that you right wingers like to accuse Obama of violating but he's never been found in violation? Abortion has been legal since 1972 - that's only 43 years. If you want to bitch about anything, bitch about right wingers being so impotent they can't get Roe vs Wade overturned.

Nothing you posted changes the fact that abortion kills unborn babies. Take pride in your support.

I take damn good pride in my support for all women to remain in charge of their bodies and not to be relegated to an incubator for their unborn fetuses when they become pregnant. But hey, keep harping on it, it helps get people elected who want to do what I want done in a general election.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT