ADVERTISEMENT

And then there's this from WVU's Dana Holgorsen...

play MD, VT, and the schools surrounding our state named after the bordering state.

Leave the schools with no fanbase, a 2/3 empty gameday stadium, and a mayorial representation off our non conference schedule.

I want the Backyard Brawl resumed because it gives me TWO home games to attend, in Mountaineer Field and at Ketchup Stadium.

In this respect I'd say the are acting about the same. Using a public format to talk smack about another university being "Chicken" is exactly what Marshall did to ruffle the feathers of Huggins and OL.
WVU representatives flapping off at the mouth is most likely why The Back Yard Brawl is no more. OL going on national TV and telling the world Pitt. can't survive without us was childish. Now we have Huggins and Dana following suit? Show some class. Let the suits make the schedule. You worry about winning the games on it. If you have a school you want on the schedule tell your boss and let him get it done. Publicly trying to embarrass the other teams coaches and AD isn't the right way to go about it.
As it stands today this is closer to a Jerry Springer Brawl than a Backyard Brawl

Dana - worry about winning some games before mouthing off. Your team is so mediocre that you just might lose to Pitt if the game is played.

"Schools like Marshall and ECU stop us from feeding our players."

"That pocket next to Kentucky"

Yea those statements wasn't said by WVU coaches

Isn't this the exact same behavior we bashed Marshall's coaches for? Just saying.
Simply put no! Without trying to sound elitist Marshall is inferior to WVU. Not that they can't play with WVU from time to time but historically they aren't as good and have never beaten us.

WVU on the other hand is not inferior to Pitt. In fact presently I believe Pitt to be inferior to WVU. 30 plus years ago that was not the case. But the past 30 years have been mediocre at best for Pitt. I would equate them to a program like Indiana, Wake Forrest or UConn. Only UConn has had far more success the last 10 years than any of those 3. At the very least one could argue WVU and Pitt are on equal ground. At least both are in power 5 conferences now and shared a conference together for over two decades.

I Posted a few weeks ago that I don't think we should play Pitt anymore and listed a bunch of reasons why. But I can understand and respect why many WVU fans would like the series to continue. It just doesn't mean that much to me any more. Maybe if there was one Pitt fan I knew here in the DC area I might feel different. There just aren't any. If there are some they chose not to make themselves known. I can certainly understand why.

Why are we apparently obsessed with sPitt? Let them die on the vine, they no longer have a program.

This would be like FSU begging to play UCF (except UCF is actually a better team than Pitt).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT