ADVERTISEMENT

A police officer killed in New Mexico

Americans die every day, it's tragic.

Its funny. I seem to be reading a lot about police killing black men. Don't read nearly as much about the police officers dying in the line of duty, most recently in New Orleans and New Mexico. Crickets. It doesn't fit the main stream media narrative.

I saw about the New Orleans officer. There are other stories making the news in America, midwest storms and associated deaths, ISIS, etc. Every policeman's death will not make a national headline, sorry. Are the you national president of the F.O.P. or something? You beat this horse daily it seems.

I haven't beat this horse daily, but even if I did, what's your problem with it? My entire point is that the main stream media is corrupt. They have a point of view and they publicize information that supports that view and shields the public from information that runs counter to that view. There is not a police war on black males but the media will do on they can to stoke racial fear and hatred. It sells and it's good to stoke up the Dem base. I am simply pointing out that the job of police men and women is inherently dangerous parcicularly in high crime inner city neighborhoods. They deserve our support not our animus.

BTW, I had a friend who was a member of the Dallas PD Gang Unit that was killed in the line of duty.

You've always got some conspiracy theory going. Obviously police have a dangerous job, thanks for that observation.

Its funny. I seem to be reading a lot about police killing black men. Don't read nearly as much about the police officers dying in the line of duty, most recently in New Orleans and New Mexico. Crickets. It doesn't fit the main stream media narrative.
Dont forget the female officer who was set to go on maternity leave in 2 days to be with a baby she had several months premature and was scheduled to come home from the hospital.

You've always got some conspiracy theory going. Obviously police have a dangerous job, thanks for that observation.

Are you honestly telling me that police killings are getting the same pub as Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, etc.? Not even close. You are willfully blinded by you lib theology.

Your conspiracy theories are great, keep them coming. How else will we know what Rush is talking about?

Your conspiracy theories are great, keep them coming. How else will we know what Rush is talking about?
You do have to agree there is a considerable bias with reporting on this type of stuff. I don't so much blame that on the media, they have to "sell" news. I blame that on the public for what they take issue with and race will always be one of those "hot button" items. The race baiters are also to blame and it's easy to see why they claim a lack of caring by "whitey". Take Baltimore for example and all of the Black Lives Matter campaign. It's hard to get me to care when I see that May was the deadliest month in Baltimore since Dec of 1999. Most of it was Black on Black. As I have said previously, until they start working to get their house in order, asking me to assist in the minimal white on black or cop on black crime is futile. I don't care, because its obvious they don't either.

You do have to agree there is a considerable bias with reporting on this type of stuff. I don't so much blame that on the media, they have to "sell" news. I blame that on the public for what they take issue with and race will always be one of those "hot button" items. The race baiters are also to blame and it's easy to see why they claim a lack of caring by "whitey". Take Baltimore for example and all of the Black Lives Matter campaign. It's hard to get me to care when I see that May was the deadliest month in Baltimore since Dec of 1999. Most of it was Black on Black. As I have said previously, until they start working to get their house in order, asking me to assist in the minimal white on black or cop on black crime is futile. I don't care, because its obvious they don't either.

Respectfully, I think you are letting the media off too lightly. Yes, they want to sell ad time and newspapers, but perhaps more importantly, they want to sell their ideology, social justice. To do this, they must convince wide swaths of the country that we are racists. And they slant the news to fit their agenda. How else can anyone explain Trayvon Martin? It was a hispanic on black incident. But suddenly, the NY Times , for the first time in their history coined the term White Hispanic. They desperately wanted it to be a white on black crime. NBC even doctored the 911 call to make Zimmerman look racist. The media is corrupt. They push an agenda.

Respectfully, I think you are letting the media off too lightly. Yes, they want to sell ad time and newspapers, but perhaps more importantly, they want to sell their ideology, social justice. To do this, they must convince wide swaths of the country that we are racists. And they slant the news to fit their agenda. How else can anyone explain Trayvon Martin? It was a hispanic on black incident. But suddenly, the NY Times , for the first time in their history coined the term White Hispanic. They desperately wanted it to be a white on black crime. NBC even doctored the 911 call to make Zimmerman look racist. The media is corrupt. They push an agenda.
They certainly push a social agenda slanted towards liberal ideology but I think their prime motivation is selling the news. Bottom line though, if the viewers didn't eat it up, the story would change to something else.

Print and electronic news are looking for eyeballs. WVPATX fails to make the distinction between tragic and controversial news. Sure, a cop is tragically killed somewhere but if another cop dies but there are racial issues possibly associated with it, the cameras are heading for the controversial story.

Print and electronic news are looking for eyeballs. WVPATX fails to make the distinction between tragic and controversial news. Sure, a cop is tragically killed somewhere but if another cop dies but there are racial issues possibly associated with it, the cameras are heading for the controversial story.

What was controversial about Trayvon Martin's death? No cop was involved. No white person was involved? The NY Times coins the term White Hispanic? Really? Acts of violence like this occur everyday across the county. You're completely ignoring the agenda of the race baiters and the main stream media.

Did you make all of this up on your own or did someone tell you this stuff? Seriously, did some news director tell you about his (their?) "agenda"? I thought the Travon Martin story was mildly interesting and obviously so did the media as they were all over it in a tabloid kind of way, not in an important news kind of way. Are you saying that the media might sensationalize a story? lol gasp...say it isn't so lol. I agree that they have an agenda and their agenda is to get you to tune into their tv show so that you see their commercials...the more eyeballs, the more they can charge their sponsors for placing commercials. It's all about the money, same as it has always been.

What was controversial about Trayvon Martin's death? No cop was involved. No white person was involved? The NY Times coins the term White Hispanic? Really? Acts of violence like this occur everyday across the county. You're completely ignoring the agenda of the race baiters and the main stream media.
Whether you like it or not, there were enough compelling story lines in the Travon Martin story for it to make the (tabloid) news. It had a vigilante do gooder who killed a young black man in the dark with little if any witnesses. You do realize that much of the "news" today is infotainment don't you? I think that you confuse tabloid news with real news. Just because the media fixates on something doesn't mean that the story is important. Why does it upset you that it became a news story? You seem to be obsessed with the general topic but that's your business.

Did you make all of this up on your own or did someone tell you this stuff? Seriously, did some news director tell you about his (their?) "agenda"? I thought the Travon Martin story was mildly interesting and obviously so did the media as they were all over it in a tabloid kind of way, not in an important news kind of way. Are you saying that the media might sensationalize a story? lol gasp...say it isn't so lol. I agree that they have an agenda and their agenda is to get you to tune into their tv show so that you see their commercials...the more eyeballs, the more they can charge their sponsors for placing commercials. It's all about the money, same as it has always been.
Well you know that isn't entirely accurate. If that were the case, the obvious slant on either side wouldn't be apparent. Fox wouldn't be conservative and CNN/MSNBC/NPR etc. wouldn't be leaning left. They would just report the actual news with no opinion based commentary.

Well you know that isn't entirely accurate. If that were the case, the obvious slant on either side wouldn't be apparent. Fox wouldn't be conservative and CNN/MSNBC/NPR etc. wouldn't be leaning left. They would just report the actual news with no opinion based commentary.
I'm just talking about sensational stories. Of course there are commentators and editorializing on every channel because they too much time to kill. I guess there's no going back to a 1/2 hour - 1 hour news 3 times a day. I'm so used to current configuration of the news now, none of it bothers me. I ignore the bias no matter who's reporting it and it certainly doesn't upset me, unlike some others.

Your willful ignorance is amazing. Why were you mildly interested in this killing and not in the killing of the 4 year old girl in Chicago this weekend? It would seem the killling of the 4 year old would be more interesting.

The media thought this was a white on black killing because of Zimmerman's last name. Period end of sentence. It fit the NY Times agenda of depicting a racist America. Why did they coin the term white hispanic? That wouldn't sell more nespapers, but it fit their agenda.

All serious studies of the media acknowledge their bias. It is a fact that can't be ignored. The media got Obama elected President over a far more qualified Hillary because he is black. They loved Hillary but loved Obama's blackness more. Admitting they have an agenda is simply admitting reality.

Damn, do you recognize no boundries?
Huh? Really, do the police, who take an oath to serve and protect and follow the constitution, get no more respect from you than "someone gets killed......."? You don't understand why that is questioned? Their job and danger is no more than the every day Joe? Are you really entitled to these benefits of being American? You have a bit of history of making this kind of remarks. Do you really not see nor appreciate what police of all stripes provide to us in their daily routine?

Your willful ignorance is amazing. Why were you mildly interested in this killing and not in the killing of the 4 year old girl in Chicago this weekend? It would seem the killling of the 4 year old would be more interesting.

The media thought this was a white on black killing because of Zimmerman's last name. Period end of sentence. It fit the NY Times agenda of depicting a racist America. Why did they coin the term white hispanic? That wouldn't sell more nespapers, but it fit their agenda.

All serious studies of the media acknowledge their bias. It is a fact that can't be ignored. The media got Obama elected President over a far more qualified Hillary because he is black. They loved Hillary but loved Obama's blackness more. Admitting they have an agenda is simply admitting reality.
I'm ignorant of nothing bub. Where did I say I was interested in reading about either killing you mention? Everyone knows that there is some slight bias in the media depending on what channel you tune to....so what? That's just the way it is these days. Deal with it.

Huh? Really, do the police, who take an oath to serve and protect and follow the constitution, get no more respect from you than "someone gets killed......."? You don't understand why that is questioned? Their job and danger is no more than the every day Joe? Are you really entitled to these benefits of being American? You have a bit of history of making this kind of remarks. Do you really not see nor appreciate what police of all stripes provide to us in their daily routine?
Hey wingnut, this is a thread about media bias, get with it, K? I'm a big fan of the police and they're doing their best at a tough job. Feel better now?

Hey wingnut, this is a thread about media bias, get with it, K? I'm a big fan of the police and they're doing their best at a tough job. Feel better now?
Hey, No Balls, to the heading of Police Officer killed in NM, someone replied "Americans die every day, it's tragic". That someone used your name. If that was not you, I do owe you an apology.

I never entered into what the thread evolved into. Just the heading and response.

Get with it, K. Do you provide an interpreter to share the meaning?

Hey, No Balls, to the heading of Police Officer killed in NM, someone replied "Americans die every day, it's tragic". That someone used your name. If that was not you, I do owe you an apology.

I never entered into what the thread evolved into. Just the heading and response.

Get with it, K. Do you provide an interpreter to share the meaning?
Yes, I said "Americans die every day, it's tragic" and I stand by that statement. Of course the whole point of this thread is WVPATX lamenting that the national media wasn't all over the New Mexico police officer story (which I read about on a national news site).

Yes, I said "Americans die every day, it's tragic" and I stand by that statement. Of course the whole point of this thread is WVPATX lamenting that the national media wasn't all over the New Mexico police officer story (which I read about on a national news site).

I think he just owned you with your own words. Police killings should be special and treated as such given their very important responsibility in our society and the dangers that come with it.

I think he just owned you with your own words. Police killings should be special and treated as such given their very important responsibility in our society and the dangers that come with it.
My point is that it is not a daily occurrence, and hopefully it is never accepted as such that it is OK to gun them down. Most are killed in automobiles, and that is uncalled for. Police are like the general public, except they may allow highe r speeds under certain circumstances. They still should not exceed speeds appropriate for the circumstance and surroundings. The first thing the officer must realize, they are not worth crap if they wreck speeding to the scene of the crime.

I don't think so. He is stating a fact. He didn't make light of police killings.

ADVERTISEMENT