ADVERTISEMENT

2012 K - State vs. 2011 LSU

Htgn. Eer

Junior
Aug 28, 2001
I was very impressed with K-State and was thinking about the best teams I have seen at Mountaineer Field.

I think LSU was better over all because of special teams and defense, but I think K-State had a much better offense.

Thoughts?

K-State (this year) was more balanced than LSU (last year) and we on the other hand were more balanced last year than this year.

Originally posted by Htgn. Eer:
I was very impressed with K-State and was thinking about the best teams I have seen at Mountaineer Field.

I think LSU was better over all because of special teams and defense, but I think K-State had a much better offense.

Thoughts?
KSU has a better offense but it's mostly due to Klein. As you said defensively and on special teams LSU would have the edge. Both are/were very solid.

One of the finest college teams I have seen at Mountaineer Field was the Miami Hurricanes in 1986. Testaverde along with a running back by the name of Alonzo Highsmith and their cohorts came in and dominated (final score: 58 -14) When they had the ball, I thought " It wasn't a matter of whether they would score, but one of how many plays it would take." They had 29 first downs in the game, and punted once which went 61 yards.

very impressed with ksu. imo, they were better on offense and defense and could hold their own against lsu special teams.

I think Kansas State has a very good football team. I don't think they're close to the talent LSU had last year though. Other than Brown the Wildcats have no potential first round picks, and I'm not really sure he's one either.

Their defense shouldn't have been that effective against your offense. I wasn't surprised they ran all over your defense, but a year ago these guys couldn't consistently cover Big 12 receivers. I think your kids were flat and that made a very good Kansas State team look like a national championship caliber team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT